Master of Education (Career Development)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On successful completion of the program, graduates should be able to:
- Synthesise and apply advanced theoretical and technical knowledge to contemporary and emerging educational issues, ideas, policies and debates with regard to professional practice.
- Analyse and evaluate complex educational contexts to critically reflect on cultural norms and practices in educational settings nationally and globally.
- Communicate effectively in academic, professional and community contexts through multiple modes.
- Communicate ways of working respectfully and collaboratively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities, and culturally and linguistically diverse peoples and communities.
- Develop creative and effective ways to implement contextually relevant educational innovation.
- Design and conduct ethical research responsive to educational theories, practices and contexts.
Career opportunities exist in an array of work environments from schools, TAFEs and universities to government agencies and industry. Roles can include career development practitioner, career educator, career counsellor, work-integrated learning coordinator or employment counsellor.
Completed Bachelor of Education program or equivalent + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
UniSQ's Master of Education (Career Development) is ideal for professionals who work in teaching, counselling, training, employment or community development roles to support the career planning and development of students, clients and organisations. This degree is for new and experienced practitioners looking to focus on big picture issues in career development, including policy, employability and learning. Expand your understanding of the transformative role of education in society, and develop the skills to work through the contemporary challenges faced by educators in rapidly changing, diverse communities.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.
Award RequirementsCompletion of 12 units as outlined in the Recommended Study Pattern section.
Graduate Certificate of Education (after successful completion of 4 approved courses). Graduate Diploma of Education (after successful completion of 8 approved courses).