Master of Cybersecurity (Advanced)
Defend against cybersecurity breaches and attacks with ethical practice
Evaluate and leverage emerging cybersecurity tools and methodologies. This Industry 4.0-focused course is designed to meet ACS guidelines. Take defensive action. Develop skills with hands-on practice in programming, networking and more.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
At Torrens University Australia you can tailor your study to suit your lifestyle. Thanks to their innovative digital learning system you’ll gain the ultimate in flexibility, and still receive personalised guidance from academics and access to work placement, mentorship and internship opportunities. Online you can attend live classes or view recorded sessions, connect with lecturers and fellow students, and access content on-demand 24/7.
Learn more about Torrens.
As one of Australia’s fastest growing universities, we take a progressive approach to learning. Our courses are co-designed, developed and delivered with industry, giving you confidence that you’ll graduate job-ready.
During this course you will:
- Critically analyse and explain cybersecurity operations and their impact on society.
- Assess human and technology requirements, using agile approaches to protect human and digital infrastructures.
- Learn how to evaluate and leverage emerging cybersecurity tools and methodologies for preventative action.
- Develop innovative and agile solutions to defend against cybersecurity breaches and attacks.
- Understand how to research and evaluate emerging cybersecurity threats, risks and solutions.
- Learn to demonstrate ethical and professional leadership in implementing cybersecurity solutions.
The skills you gain in the Master of Cybersecurity will enable you to enter a growing and crucial range of senior cybersecurity roles. The focus of human-centric practice and digital forensics will ensure you are well positioned to develop innovative, ethical and agile solutions to defend against cybersecurity breaches and attacks. Potential career paths include:
- Cybersecurity Engineer
- Chief Security Officer
Torrens University Australia offers flexible entry options and study pathways, whether you’re finishing school, pursuing career progression or looking for a change. Entry requirements for this course includes:
- Successful completion of a Higher Education qualification
Work and Life
- Work life experience demonstrating the ability to undertake study at the required level.
English Proficiency Requirements
Standard English language requirements apply.
Visit our admissions centre for more information: https://www.torrens.edu.au/how-to-apply/admissions-criteria
Don’t meet the entry requirements? We have numerous pathway programs to get you started. Contact our Future Student Advisors to learn about alternative entry options.
Designed with Industry 4.0 at the forefront, this course will also give you a thorough understanding of the significance of ethical use of technology in designing and implementing innovative cybersecurity solutions. In preparation for launching or advancing a successful career, you'll complete work-integrated learning subjects, allowing you to put your learnings into practice.
Tailor your study to your lifestyle thanks to our innovative digital learning system, accessible from anywhere with 24/7 personalised support. With all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part time, on-campus, online or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.
Course duration: 2 years full time, 4 years part time
Recommended Study Pattern
The course structure comprises of 12 core subjects and 1 elective subject over levels 400, 500 and 600, as follows:
- Level 400: 2 mandatory core subjects (20 credit points)
- Level 500: 5 mandatory core subjects (50 credit points)
- Level 600: 5 mandatory core subjects and 1 elective subject (90 credit points)