Master of Cyber Security (Governance Risk & Compliance)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Expertly synthesise and apply advanced Cyber Security specific knowledge, including contemporary and emerging theories and concepts, to a range of business contexts and scenarios;
- Critically examine, analyse, implement and articulate a range of innovative solutions to a variety of real-life Cyber-Security business scenarios;
- Apply specialised cognitive and technical skills to investigate, critically reflect and synthesise complex ideas at an abstract level;
- Effectively work in a project environment by contributing to the successful completion of a Cyber Security project.;
- Employ a range of oral, written and digital literacies to transmit complex Cyber Security knowledge in professional and scholarly contexts to a diverse audience;
- Apply principles of integrity and high calibre ethical behaviour in accordance with academic, industry and professional standards.
Graduates will gain a well-rounded skillset that is globally transferrable with skills ranging from risk and compliance within cyber-governance, IoT, data mining, digital forensics, and cloud security. You can apply your knowledge to a range of contexts and scenarios in government, law enforcement and industry.
Completed Bachelor Degree or equivalent + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Risk management is at the core of protecting an organisation against cyber threats, while enabling operational and innovative business activity. By studying UniSQ's Master of Cyber Security (Governance Risk and Compliance), you will build practical governance knowledge and executive communication skills to be able to implement effective cyber security protection strategies. This specialisation introduces processes for planning, responding, recovering and reporting on security breach incidents, provided through different perspectives such as technical, business and media impact. Develop your management and leadership skills of cyber security teams, and gain an understanding of privacy and protection laws and digital forensic investigations.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.