Master of Business Administration (Business Analytics)
Combine advanced leadership skills with a specialisation in data
Become the analytics expert considered essential to business growth. You’ll study business and management combined with data analysis techniques for decision making. Take charge of your career and thrive as a business strategist and leader.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
100% online study with practicum placement
- No dates available
Flinders University is a globally-focused, locally-engaged institution with a reputation for excellence in teaching, learning and research. They offer world‐class education that develops the critical and creative thinking skills to support a student’s success. Their courses offered through Open Universities Australia span business, education and law. They are designed with flexibility in mind, while delivering the advanced qualifications to take careers to the next step.
Learn more about Flinders.
Explore Flinders courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Formulate solutions to complex business analytics problems
- Critically appraise evidence to support decision making
- Assess risks for strategic planning
- Evaluate opportunities for change
- Adopt contemporary leadership theory and practices to real life settings
- Apply technical and business analytics knowledge and skills with creativity and initiative to new situations in professional practice
The MBA (Business Analytics) prepares you for a wide range of career opportunities in areas including management consulting, business acquisition, strategy and leadership.
Potential occupations include:
- marketing director
- chief robotics officer
- business analyst
- software architect
- artificial intelligence architect
- in-world marketing architect
- loyalty engineer
- chief operating officer
- program director
- marketing manager
- machine and people ethics manager
- senior business development manager.
Potential employers include:
- multinational corporations
- large private companies
- public sector
- market research consultancies
- corporate agencies
- Not-for-profit organisations.
Applicants must have one of the following:
- Hold a bachelor degree or equivalent qualification from an approved tertiary institution
- Have completed the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration at Flinders University
English Proficiency Requirements
Flinders University conducts an English Language proficiency check on applications submitted for consideration to its courses.
This will be met in a number of ways, including if the applicants:
- first language is English (i.e. citizenship is held for a country where English is the official language)
- completed secondary schooling in Australia
- completed prior study in English (e.g. a Certificate IV or higher from a recognised Australian training institution)
- completed one semester of full-time equivalent tertiary study at a higher education institution
- completed a recognised Foundation Studies or bridging program
- performance in the Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) meets the University's admissions requirements
- registered with an Australian professional registration body relevant to the applicant's proposed course (e.g. applicant holds current registration as a Registered Nurse, General Practitioner, Teacher, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker and such in Australia)
- achieved a score within an international English language proficiency test such as IELTS, PTE, TOEFL or Cambridge CAE that meets the minimum proficiency for the university
- completed an approved English language course from a registered English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) Provider
In some instances, applicants may be asked to provide evidence they meet the requirements if the information required is not available in their application.
The MBA (Business Analytics) is designed for the future, with sustainability built in. You will learn how to take advantage of technology to test and understand customer motivations, track the path to purchase, shape emerging market niches and improve an organisation’s business growth sustainably. This MBA course has industry engagement embedded, with a total of up to 36 weeks of experience available through Work Integrated Learning and industry programs.
Credit for previous study or work
Credit transfer may be granted, on application, for prior study completed in a relevant honours, graduate certificate, graduate diploma or master degree; accredited professional development; or relevant work experience.
Applications for credit transfer are assessed on a case by case basis according to Flinders University policies. Students must be made an offer for entry into a degree before lodging their completed credit transfer application, along with all necessary documentation for formal assessment.
The Master of Business Administration (Business Analytics) is designed to provide a strong foundation of business knowledge, skills and attitudes to support ethical, global business management of organisations including private sector business organisations, not-for-profit organisations and public organisations. Through experiential learning techniques students will develop knowledge and skills to conduct independent research, carry out industry and discipline related projects, and relate their learning to their individual business experience.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
To be awarded the Master of Business Administration (Business Analytics), students must complete 16 subjects (equivalent to 72 credit points):
Year 1 - 8 x Core subjects (32 credit points)
- BUSN9146 Economic Environments: Assessing Current and Future Markets
- BUSN8006 Driving Financial Performance
- BUSN9148 Marketing in a Digital Age
- BUSN8007 Ethics, Sustainability and Governance
- BUSN9150 Business Analytics
- BUSN9152 Legal Signposts for Decision Makers
- BUSN8009 Creating Resilient Supply Chains and Procurement
- BUSN9153 Emerging Business Models: Disruptions, Collaboration and Competition
Year 2 - 36 credit points (Core)
- BUSN8008 Building Teams and Networks
- BUSN9115 Quantitative Methods
- BUSN9155 Digital Marketing and Analytics
- BUSN9151 Trends in Business Finance
- BUSN9149 Researching Markets
- BUSN9147 Leading a Future Workforce
- BUSN9233 Data Analysis for Decision Making
- BUSN9234 Project Management
To qualify for the Master of Business Administration (Business Analytics), a student must complete 72 units with a grade of P or NGP or better in each topic.