La Trobe CSP On Campus to Online
Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) La Trobe students studying on campus can take online subjects from the Bachelor of Food and Nutrition (BFN) provided they have permission from the University.
If you‘re a CSP student studying on campus at La Trobe, you may be able to replace some of your on campus subjects with online subjects. You’ll need permission from both your current Course Coordinator and the Coordinator of the BFN. Refer to the Entry requirements section below for information on how to apply.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 16 Aug 20
- 15 Nov 20
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 33,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
If you are studying on campus with La Trobe University in a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) you may be able to replace some of your on campus subjects with online subjects from the Bachelor of Food and Nutrition (BFN), provided you receive permission from your current Course Coordinator and the Coordinator of the BFN.
The BFN subjects are based on health sciences subjects taught on campus (including the core first year subjects), but some subject structures and practical components differ from the on campus health science subjects.
Before your current Course Coordinator approves your request to take any BFN subject online they will need to consider:
- your study history and current study load
- your intended academic progression (future study)
- your career goals
- any associated accreditation
to confirm that the subjects are appropriate to replace your on campus subject/s and that they can be credited to your existing degree.
How to Apply:
- Fill in the La Trobe application form for outbound cross institutional study Application-for-Cross-Institutional-Enrolment_Outbound referring to the Guide to Completing the Cross-Institutional – Outbound application form
- Seek approval from your current Course Coordinator and ask them to sign the form as per Guide to Completing the Cross-Institutional – Outbound application form.
- Go to the ASK La Trobe Ask A Question form and attach a scan or photo of your signed CIE Outbound form indicating in the description that you are applying to study a subject from the Bachelor of Food and Nutrition online through OUA.
- The Online Student Support team will ask the Course Coordinator of the Bachelor of Food and Nutrition to approve your CIE Outbound form
- The Online Student Support team will contact you via La Trobe email and let you know the result of the BFN Coordinator’s review and (provided your application was approved) will attach a copy of the signed form.
- Go to the ‘La Trobe CSP On‐Campus to Online’ course on the OUA website to apply (this will ensure that you can utilise your existing CSP funding).
- Follow the steps in the application and when you reach the ‘Choose how you want to study’ screen select ‘apply for the degree’.
- Once you reach the ‘Entry requirements’ screen select ‘Work and life experience’ and use the file upload section to upload the signed Application for Cross Institutional Outbound Form.
Please note: The application will not be processed unless a correctly completed form, signed by both your Course Coordinator and Bachelor of Food and Nutrition Course Coordinator, is attached
For further Assistance with the form the La Trobe Online Support team can be contacted via:
- Telephone: 03 9479 6360 (Mon‐Fri 9:00‐5:00 AEST/AEDT)
- Website: http://latrobe‐current.custhelp.com/app/ask
For assistance with the application you can speak to an OUA Student Advisor on 136736
Choose subjects to begin.
You can apply for government funding or pay up-front.