Graduate Diploma in Project Management
Endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM)
Take the next step by furthering your knowledge in project management. Study procurement, quality, contracts and planning. Specialise in areas that will benefit your goals – including global business, organisational change, human resources and more.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
Southern Cross University believes in the power of change. Their graduates stride the global stage at the frontline of healthcare, transforming education in the classroom, and tackling the world’s wicked problems with scientific and engineering solutions. Students enjoy award winning support, teaching quality, and online delivery. Ranked among the best for many years, they will help you make the change you seek to transform your tomorrow.
Learn more about SCU.
Explore SCU courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
At the end of the program, students of the Graduate Diploma in Project Management can:
- Analyse every component of the project lifecycle, with an in-depth understanding of project management principles; quality control and risk; planning and contract management to deliver projects in full, on time and within budget and scope.
- Apply sustainability principles, and use ethical frameworks to plan, manage and undertake projects.
- Apply project management skills and knowledge with initiative and creativity, including in new challenges or new situations.
- Understand project management principles and methods, and apply these in a professional context.
- Utilise advanced communication skills to work collaboratively with teams.
- Demonstrate cultural competence in a local, Australia-wide and global settings as they apply to project management.
- Apply skills and knowledge learnt in your chosen electives.
Qualified project managers are in high demand across industry and around the world. Some popular roles in this industry include project administrator, senior project manager, PMO manager, business intelligence consultant and project analyst.
Successfully completing required subjects of study for the diploma can be credited towards beginning your Master of Project Management.
Endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM).
To qualify for entry into the Graduate Diploma in Project Management online, you must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of two years’ work experience in a professional environment; or
- Have over five years’ work experience/professional standing that is regarded by the Academic Board as equivalent to an undergraduate degree.
- Be proficient in English.
Studying online requires:
- A PC or Mac with the latest operating system
- A fast, reliable internet connection
- The latest version of Chrome or Firefox
- The Blackboard app
Sometimes, specific software or textbooks are required.
We recognise and grant credit for past education, qualifications and/or work experience in a process called advanced standing. If you're eligible for advanced standing, this can impact the number of units you need to study, reducing the time and cost of your overall degree.
Find out more about applying for advanced standing.
The online Graduate Diploma in Project Management from Southern Cross University is for professionals across all sectors looking to develop their practical project management skills.
Study includes core subjects in project management, procurement, quality, contracts and planning. Choose from electives in global business, health management, organisational change, corporate governance, human resources management, stakeholder engagement, digital enterprise management and more.
The diploma is endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management. 100% online, you can complete your qualification in as little as 16 months, part-time, making it a great choice for those balancing work, life and study.
Recommended Study Pattern
To qualify for your Graduate Diploma in Project Management, you will complete the core subjects from Part A, and choose two subjects from Part B.
Part A: Core subjects
- Project Management Principles
- Project Management: Initiation and Planning
- Project Management: Quality, Control and Risk
- Leading and Managing Projects
- Project Procurement and Contract Management
- Portfolio and Program Management
Part B: Elective subjects*
Choose from a range of electives across different industries to tailor your qualification to your interests:
- Business Management
- Engineering Management
- Health Services Management
- Information and Knowledge Management
- Managing and Leading People
* The elective subjects running will depend on what intake you begin your studies. A full list of all subjects of study is available in the brochure.
To be eligible for the Graduate Diploma of Project Management, students need to successfully complete 8 subjects (96 credit points) comprising:
- All six (6) Part A subjects
- Two (2) elective subjects from Part B