Graduate Certificate of UX Design
Customise technology systems to deliver online content more effectively
Explore emerging web technologies. Expand your research skills to test and evaluate user experiences. Gain insights into UX design from experts. Bring it all together to solve industry-inspired projects, working on teams and independently.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
At Torrens University Australia you can tailor your study to suit your lifestyle. Thanks to their innovative digital learning system you’ll gain the ultimate in flexibility, and still receive personalised guidance from academics and access to work placement, mentorship and internship opportunities. Online you can attend live classes or view recorded sessions, connect with lecturers and fellow students, and access content on-demand 24/7.
Learn more about Torrens.
Explore Torrens courses.
What you'll learn
As one of Australia’s fastest growing universities, we take a progressive approach to learning. Our courses are co-designed, developed and delivered with industry, giving you confidence that you’ll graduate job-ready. During this course you will:
- Analyse and apply current practice and trends in UX design as they relate to social, cultural, economic, technological and environmental contexts.
- Research complex problems, information, user experiences and theoretical concepts to develop UX design outcomes and solutions.
- Communicate concepts and processes to justify your UX design outcomes or solutions.
- Demonstrate informed judgement and collaborative skills to participate across global teams and communities.
- Demonstrate ethical, responsible UX design practices that safeguard individuals, enterprises and societies.
Whether you are a qualified designer looking to upgrade your skills or to change the course of your career with a focus on UX design and user research, this course will deepen your knowledge, sharpen your skills and future-proof your career. Potential career paths include:
- UX and Web Designer
- Information Architect
- Interaction Designer
- Senior UX/UI Designer
- Senior UX/Product Designer
Torrens University Australia offers flexible entry options and study pathways, whether you’re finishing school, pursuing career progression or looking for a change. Entry requirements for this course includes:
- Completion of a Bachelor of Design, or equivalent
Work and Life
- Completion of any recognised bachelor’s degree, and
- A minimum of two years of work experience demonstrated by a resume
English Proficiency Requirements
Standard English language requirements apply.
Don’t meet the entry requirements? We have numerous pathway programs to get you started. Contact our Future Student Advisors to learn about alternative entry options.
Credit for previous study or work
In this course you’ll enhance your understanding and practice of user experience design. Over four core subjects, you’ll advance your skills in user research and deepen your understanding of the principles of design to amplify digital customer experiences.
Tailor your study to your lifestyle thanks to our innovative digital learning system, accessible from anywhere with 24/7 personalised support. With all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part time, on-campus, online or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.
Course duration: 6 months full time, 1 year part time.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
This course comprises of 4 core subjects that you are required to complete.
To be awarded the Graduate Certificate of UX Design students must complete all four subjects. Each subject has the value of 10 credit points and a total of 40 credit points must be attained to be awarded the qualification.