Graduate Certificate of Public Management
For impactful careers in purpose-driven organisations
Prepare for leadership roles in government, advocacy groups, national and international institutions. You’ll develop new skills in communication, teamwork, and ethical leadership. Study online with experts at the Crawford School of Public Policy.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
Australian National University is a world-leading university in Australia’s capital city, Canberra. With ties to the Australian Government, they have special standing as a resource for the Australian people. Their approach to education ensures graduates are in demand the world-over for their abilities to address complex contemporary challenges. Offering innovative online subjects from beginning to advanced levels through Open Universities Australia, they meet varied students’ needs and goals.
Learn more about ANU.
Explore ANU courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Upon successful completion of the study, students should be able to:
- Understand public value and public purpose and the organisational capabilities needed to translate public value and purpose into action
- Develop new skills in ethical leadership, communication, teamwork, and self-management as it applies to public purposes organization
- Develop analytic skills for organisational learning and evidence-based decision-making in contemporary public management and governance
Just as graduates from ANU rated as Australia’s most employable graduates and among the most sought after by employers worldwide, Crawford School’s public administration graduates are playing key roles in Australian Commonwealth and state governments; Not-for-Profits and social enterprises; Advocacy organisations; International bodies and agencies.
Open enrolment subjects
At a minimum, all applicants must meet program-specific academic/non-academic requirements, and English language requirements. Admission to most ANU programs is on a competitive basis. Therefore, meeting all admission requirements does not automatically guarantee entry.
- Bachelor or international equivalent with GPA 4/7; or
- Graduate Diploma or international equivalent with a GPA 4/7; or
- Graduate Certificate or international equivalent with a GPA 4/7; or
- 24 units of courses in a postgraduate program a GPA of 4/7
Work and Life
- GRE General test, completed no more than 5 years before the time of application, with a minimum score of 155 for Verbal Reasoning, 155 for Quantitative Reasoning and 4.0 in Analytical Writing and a minimum of 3 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a field related to the program; or
- A minimum 5 years full-time equivalent work experience at ANZSCO Skill Level 1 in a field related to the program.
English Proficiency Requirements
Applications must show English language proficiency by meeting ANU's English Language Requirements for admission to study this course.
Contact Crawford.Enquiries@anu.edu.au for case by case information.
The Graduate Certificate in Public Management qualifies professionals seeking to start or advance their careers in public purpose-driven organisations including government agencies, advocacy groups, national and international not-for-profits and international bodies, such as the United Nations and World Health Organization. The program will equip graduates with skills and expertise to navigate the public, private or not-for-profit sectors characterised by increasing uncertainty, digital transformation, and organisational innovation. The Certificate provides a pathway for future study into the Master of Public Administration.
Recommended Study Pattern
As a guide, subjects in this degree can include:
- Public Sector Management
- Public Administration: Legal and Organizational Foundations
- Managing Government Finances
- Public Sector Ethics
As part of your application, you’ll be guided through how to get the right degree structure in place for you.
The Graduate Certificate of Public Management requires the successful completion of 24 units from the specified courses in relevant areas.