Graduate Certificate of Public Health
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On completion of the program, graduates should be able to:
- Critically evaluate the scope of contemporary public health practice within an interdisciplinary context.
- Function effectively as a team member including behaving in an ethical and culturally safe manner when interacting with clients, other professionals and the broader community.
- Communicate ways of working respectfully and collaboratively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and communities in public health practice, and culturally and linguistically diverse peoples and communities.
- Strategically utilise skills and theoretical knowledge to evaluate and communicate health information.
- Select relevant health promotion and health protection concepts to promote population health through mediating, advocating, and enabling changes in behavioural, social, economic, cultural and physical environments.
Public health practitioners collaborate with different healthcare teams to improve community health outcomes, and find work in organisations such as NGOs, clinics, community health centres, and local government.
- Completed Bachelor Degree in the area of health or equivalent + GPA over 4.80 + English Language Proficiency ; OR
- Completion of Bachelor Degree in a different discipline + GPA over 4.80 + one year full-time work experience in a healthcare setting + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Exemptions/credit will be assessed based on the UniSQ Credit and Exemption Procedure. Claims for credit for previous study should be submitted prior to or at the time of enrolment. Each claim will be assessed on individual merit in line with UniSQ policy.
Help shape and improve our population’s health by studying postgraduate courses in public health. Build a rewarding career by learning to develop and evaluate health programs for communities to promote health and wellbeing and manage causes of health – including biological, social, and environmental. UniSQ’s Graduate Certificate of Public Health offers case-based learning and an integrated approach to teaching five main public health disciplines: biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental health, health policy and management, and social and behavioural science. Delivered online, you can study while making an impact and applying specialised skills in your current role.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.
Completion of 4 units as outlined in the Recommended Study Pattern section.