Graduate Certificate of Information Technology
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
At Torrens University Australia you can tailor your study to suit your lifestyle. Thanks to their innovative digital learning system you’ll gain the ultimate in flexibility, and still receive personalised guidance from academics and access to work placement, mentorship and internship opportunities. Online you can attend live classes or view recorded sessions, connect with lecturers and fellow students, and access content on-demand 24/7.
Learn more about Torrens.
As one of Australia’s fastest growing universities, we take a progressive approach to learning. Our courses are co-designed, developed and delivered with industry, giving you confidence that you’ll graduate job-ready. During this course you will:
- Apply cognitive and technical skills from the Information Technology body of knowledge to solve complex real-life problems with innovation and ethical practice.
- Critically analyse problem sets to construct acute IT solutions and communicate to stakeholders including technology professionals and business clients from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Apply cognitive, technical and creative skills from the field of IT to effectively and efficiently investigate and solve problem sets with mastery.
- Demonstrate sound judgement, non-partisanship and accountability in team leadership roles to achieve effective planning, management, execution and communication of IT projects.
- Integrate IT concepts and adopt industry best practices to devise solutions for commercial problems.
With a Graduate Certificate of Information Technology, you will be equipped for employment within the IT industry in a variety of generalist or niche roles. You will also be able to pursue further study with a Master of Information Technology. Potential career paths include:
- Business Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Help Desk Support Specialist
- Web Designer
- Software Developer
Torrens University Australia offers flexible entry options and study pathways, whether you’re finishing school, pursuing career progression or looking for a change. Entry requirements for this course includes:
- Australian bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology or relevant disciplines covering studies in programming, computer networks, database and web development.
Work and Life
- Work life experience demonstrating the ability to undertake study at the required level.
English Proficiency Requirements
Standard English language requirements apply.
Visit our admissions centre for more information: https://www.torrens.edu.au/how-to-apply/admissions-criteria
Don’t meet the entry requirements? We have numerous pathway programs to get you started. Contact our Future Student Advisors to learn about alternative entry options.
Throughout the course, you will cover key IT areas including programming, environmental security, software engineering and software development. With the rise of emerging and smart technologies, your subjects will teach you how to effectively design and develop secure, innovative ICT solutions to business problems.
Tailor your study to your lifestyle thanks to our innovative digital learning system, accessible from anywhere with 24/7 personalised support. With all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part time, on-campus, online or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.
Course duration: 1 trimester full time, 3 trimesters part time