Graduate Certificate of Critical Care Paramedicine
Boost your skills in critical care
If you’re a paramedic with a desire to provide greater care in emergency situations, this course can help you hone your knowledge. Deepen your understanding of pathophysiology, cardiac, medical and obstetric patients.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
ECU has been ranked one of the world’s best young universities and Australia’s best public university for teaching quality. That quality extends to more than 6,000 students studying online. ECU offers the same quality of teaching to you, regardless of where you’re studying in the world. Their flexible study solutions include a huge range of online courses, recognising your need to juggle work, family or other commitments.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the end of the program, students of the Graduate Certificate of Critical Care Paramedicine can:
- apply cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate and evaluate complex ideas, concepts and theories in critical care paramedical contexts
- communicate specialised medical and paramedical knowledge, research principles and methods to demonstrate a high level of critical care Paramedicine
- use self-management skills to initiate, appraise and operate in complex critical care professional environments.
Graduates of this program will be well-placed to take on the clinical leadership challenges of Paramedicine.
Possible future job titles: critical care paramedic, intensive care paramedic, paramedic, extended care paramedic
All applicants are required to have a Bachelor's degree in Paramedicine, with equivalents considered.
Work and Life
Alternatively applicants can apply with equivalent prior learning including at least five years appropriate professional experience.
English Proficiency Requirements
English competency requirements may be satisfied through completion of one of the following:
- IELTS Academic Overall band minimum score of 6.5 (no individual band less than 6.0);
- Bachelor degree from a country specified on the English Proficiency Bands page;
- Successfully completed 0.375 EFTSL of study at postgraduate level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent);
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years relevant professional experience; or
- Other tests, courses or programs defined on the English Proficiency Bands page.
If you're applying for a course and have previous study or professional experience, you may be eligible for what we call 'advanced standing'.
For more information and to apply please go to https://www.ecu.edu.au/future-students/course-entry/advanced-standing
Designed to provide the paramedic with the necessary knowledge and skills for a career in critical care Paramedicine.
The course focuses on the clinical issues directly related to practice, and develops a greater depth of understanding of the pathophysiology, assessment and management of cardiac, medical and obstetric patients in the acute emergency setting.
Students will learn advanced-level clinical knowledge to apply to their daily paramedic practice, while at the same time learning advanced skills in evidence-based practice.
The combination of advanced clinical knowledge and and skills provides students with the ability to continuously improve their own clinical practice, as well as impact on the organisation they are employed by and the broader Paramedicine community.
Students are required to complete three units;
- PST5110 Advanced Cardiac Studies
- PST5111 Advanced Medical Studies
- PST5107 Advanced Obstetrics for Paramedics