Graduate Certificate in Medicine
Ease into a skin cancer specialisation
Explore the complexities of skin cancer, including how to assess a variety of lesions. This course is ideal for medical professionals who want an introduction to skin cancer diagnostics. It can be used to gain entry into the related Masters Degree.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
- Gain in-demand expertise in the diagnosis and management of skin cancer.
- Benefit from a program that's fully delivered online, including readings, lectures, group discussions and case studies, with assessments and examinations also administered online.
- Join the leading provider of medical education and research in Queensland at UQ Medicine.
- General practitioner
- Hospital specialist
- Skin clinic specialist
To be eligible for entry, you'll need:
- an approved degree in: medicine, nursing, medical science or a related field, and
- satisfy the executive dean that they have completed two years full-time (or equivalent) post-qualification clinical practice.
English Proficiency Requirements
All applicants must satisfy the UQ English language proficiency requirements for admission.
If you've completed previous study, you may be eligible to receive credit for – or exemption from – certain subjects in a UQ program. Assessment of prior learning and the granting of credit or exemption will be consistent with the Recognition of Prior Learning Policy (limits in section 2.4).
The Graduate Certificate in Medicine (Skin Cancer) is a coursework program designed to provide comprehensive training in the diagnosis and management of skin cancer in both the primary care and specialist settings. It is designed for medical practitioners, nurses and clinician-scientists who work in the field of skin cancer. Upon completion, graduates will have an in-depth understanding of the behaviour of skin cancer in the context of its genesis, physiology, microanatomy and epidemiology as well as its diagnosis clinically, dermatoscopically and dermatopathologically. Principles of biopsy and definitive management, based on sound diagnostic and surgical practice will also be competently understood. The program is delivered entirely online.