Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies
Follow your theology calling
Explore the use of biblical or ecclesial languages in the Ancient Languages stream or the Biblical World stream. Interpret texts using insights drawn from historical, cultural, literary, philosophical and theological analyses
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 07 Nov 21
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies (Ancient Languages) will be able to demonstrate basic skills in the use of biblical or ecclesial languages.
Graduates of the Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies (The Biblical World) will, depending on their subject choices, be able to:
- interpret biblical texts using insights drawn from historical, cultural, literary, philosophical and theological analyses;
- give an account of key moments in Christian history and of their import for the church, society and the development of doctrine;
- use a variety of biblical and theological resources to articulate and explain the historical origins, development and interconnections of central Christian doctrines;
- demonstrate basic skills in the use of biblical or ecclesial languages.
Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree in any discipline.
English Proficiency Requirements
Required IELTS Score: 6.5 (with 6.0 for all tests).
RPL or credit may be granted according to ACU policies. Applicants are advised to contact the degree coordinator.
The maximum credit that may be granted on the basis of previously completed qualification(s) of equal level is 50%.
The Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies at Australian Catholic University is a flexible qualification designed to enable students to pursue a mixture of interests or to specialise in particular areas. The degree provides students with a means of extending their skills and knowledge in specific streams: Ancient Languages or the Biblical World.
Graduates of the Ancient Languages stream will be able to demonstrate basic skills in the use of biblical or ecclesial languages.
Graduates of the Biblical World stream will be able to interpret biblical texts using insights drawn from historical, cultural, literary, philosophical and theological analyses.
Recommended Study Pattern
Students choose from either the Ancient Languages stream or the Biblical World stream and complete four subjects.
- Ancient Languages students select any four subjects from the Ancient Languages stream list
- Biblical World students complete the core subject THBS501 Biblical Studies plus three subjects from the Biblical World stream list
To qualify for the award of the Graduate Certificate of Theological Studies students must complete four subjects.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select “See subjects”
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.