Graduate Certificate in Research Studies in Business
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 04 Jul 21
- 24 Oct 21
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
The Graduate Certificate in Research Studies in Business is a 40 credit point program that provides training in modern social science research methods. Upon successful completion of the program, students may be able to progress to the Graduate Diploma of Research Studies in Business.
The Griffith Business School will be responsible for the overall supervision of the student and monitoring their progress throughout the program.
Graduates of this program will have advanced theoretical and specialist knowledge in the principals and methods that underpin research within this field of business, equipping students with the research training and skills for further learning.
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Research Studies in Business, a student must:
- hold a related undergraduate degree from a recognised University (or another tertiary education institution of equivalent standing) with a minimum GPA of 5.0 (using a 7.0 point scale) over the last two years of the Bachelor degree*, OR
- hold a related Masters degree from a recognised University (or another tertiary education institution of equivalent standing) with a minimum GPA of 5.0 (using a 7.0 point scale)*
English Proficiency Requirements
The minimum English Language proficiency requirements for applicants to Higher Degree Research (HDR) programs are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on the IELTS (Academic) with no band score less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on the paper-based TOEFL including a score of no less than 5.0 on the TWE
- OR a score of 79 on the internet-based (iBT) TOEFL with no sub-score less than 19
- OR a score of no less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old at the time of application.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website: