Graduate Certificate in Project Management
Endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM)
Fill your business toolkit with knowledge on risk, control, planning, implementation, evaluation, collaboration and systems analysis. Stand out in the workforce with an elective to complement your industry, such as accounting, engineering or health.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
Southern Cross University provides high-quality online courses designed for busy people, just like you, and have been doing so for over twenty years. The university prides itself on understanding the pressures of life outside of study while nurturing each student’s ambition. It’s these values that underpin their dedication to be with you every step of your study journey—keeping you on track to reach your goals.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the end of the program, students of the Graduate Certificate in Project Management can:
- Analyse every component of the project lifecycle, with an in-depth understanding of project management principles; quality control and risk; planning and contract management to deliver projects in full, on time and within budget and scope.
- Apply sustainability principles, and use ethical frameworks to plan, manage and undertake projects.
- Apply project management skills and knowledge with initiative and creativity, including in new challenges or new situations.
- Understand project management principles and methods, and apply these in a professional context.
- Utilise advanced communication skills to work collaboratively with teams.
- Demonstrate cultural competence in a local, Australia-wide and global settings as they apply to project management.
Qualified project managers are in high demand across industry and around the world. Some popular roles in this industry include project administrator, senior project manager, PMO manager, business intelligence consultant and project analyst.
Subjects of study can be credited towards a Master of Project Management or Graduate Diploma in Project Management.
Endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM).
To qualify for entry into the Graduate Certificate in Project Management online, you must:
- Demonstrate professional standing – either a Bachelor’s degree (or a similar qualification) from a university or have other experience regarded as equivalent to a degree.
- Be proficient in English.
Studying online requires:
- A PC or Mac with the latest operating system
- A fast, reliable internet connection
- The latest version of Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox
- the Blackboard app
Sometimes, specific software or textbooks are required.
Depending on previous work experience or study, you may be eligible to receive advanced standing against some of your subjects of study — letting you graduate sooner, for less. Learn more about the process of applying for advanced standing at Southern Cross University.
The Graduate Certificate in Project Management from Southern Cross University is for professionals across all sectors to develop practical project management skills.
Students will study the principles underpinning project management, including risk, control, planning, implementation, evaluation, collaboration and systems analysis.
The degree is endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management. You can study 100% online, and complete your qualification in as little as eight months, part-time, making it a great choice for those balancing work, life and study.
Recommended Study Pattern
To qualify for a Graduate Certificate in Project Management online, you will need to complete the compulsory core subject, Project Management Principles, and then take two subjects from Part A and one subject from Part A or B.
Part A: Core Subjects
- Project Management Principles
- Project Management: Initiation and Planning
- Project Management: Quality, Control and Risk
- Leading and Managing Projects
- Project Procurement and Contract Management
- Portfolio and Program Management
Part B: Elective subjects*
- Accounting (2 subjects available)
- Business Management (5 subjects available)
- Engineering Management (2 subjects available)
- Health Services Management (4 subjects available)
- Information and Knowledge Management (3 subjects available)
- Managing and Leading People (4 subjects available)
* The elective subjects running will depend on what intake you begin your studies.
For eligibility to graduate with the Graduate Certificate of Project Management, students must successfully complete 4 subjects (48 credit points) comprising:
- MNG91217 Project Management Principles; and
- Two subjects from Part A; and
- One subject from Part A or Part B
If a student has successfully completed the Graduate Certificate of Project Management, they can move into a Graduate Diploma in Project Management or Master of Project Management if they would like to continue their studies.