Graduate Certificate in Project Management
Endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM)
Fill your business toolkit with knowledge on risk, control, planning, implementation, evaluation, collaboration and systems analysis. Stand out in the workforce with an elective to complement your industry, such as accounting, engineering or health.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
Southern Cross University believes in the power of change. Their graduates stride the global stage at the frontline of healthcare, transforming education in the classroom, and tackling the world’s wicked problems with scientific and engineering solutions. Students enjoy award winning support, teaching quality, and online delivery. Ranked among the best for many years, they will help you make the change you seek to transform your tomorrow.
Learn more about SCU.
Explore SCU courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
At the end of the program, students of the Graduate Certificate in Project Management can:
- Analyse every component of the project lifecycle, with an in-depth understanding of project management principles; quality control and risk; planning and contract management to deliver projects in full, on time and within budget and scope.
- Apply sustainability principles, and use ethical frameworks to plan, manage and undertake projects.
- Apply project management skills and knowledge with initiative and creativity, including in new challenges or new situations.
- Understand project management principles and methods, and apply these in a professional context.
- Utilise advanced communication skills to work collaboratively with teams.
- Demonstrate cultural competence in a local, Australia-wide and global settings as they apply to project management.
Qualified project managers are in high demand across industry and around the world. Some popular roles in this industry include project administrator, senior project manager, PMO manager, business intelligence consultant and project analyst.
Subjects of study can be credited towards a Master of Project Management or Graduate Diploma in Project Management.
Endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM).
To qualify for entry into the Graduate Certificate in Project Management online, you must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline; or
- Have over five years’ work experience/professional standing that is regarded by the Academic Board as equivalent to an undergraduate degree
- In either case, students must be proficient in English.
Studying online requires:
- A PC or Mac with the latest operating system
- A fast, reliable internet connection
- The latest version of Chrome or Firefox
- The Blackboard app
Sometimes, specific software or textbooks are required.
We recognise and grant credit for past education, qualifications and/or work experience in a process called advanced standing. If you're eligible for advanced standing, this can impact the number of units you need to study, reducing the time and cost of your overall degree.
Find out more about applying for advanced standing.
The Graduate Certificate in Project Management from Southern Cross University is for professionals across all sectors to develop practical project management skills.
Students will study the principles underpinning project management, including risk, control, planning, implementation, evaluation, collaboration and systems analysis.
The degree is endorsed by the Australian Institute of Project Management. You can study 100% online, and complete your qualification in as little as eight months, part-time, making it a great choice for those balancing work, life and study.
Recommended Study Pattern
To qualify for a Graduate Certificate in Project Management online, you will need to complete the compulsory core subject, Project Management Principles, and then take two subjects from Part A and one subject from Part A or B.
Part A: Core Subjects
- Project Management Principles
- Project Management: Initiation and Planning
- Project Management: Quality, Control and Risk
- Leading and Managing Projects
- Project Procurement and Contract Management
- Portfolio and Program Management
Part B: Elective subjects*
Choose from a range of electives across different industries to tailor your qualification to your interests:
- Business Management
- Engineering Management
- Health Services Management
- Information and Knowledge Management
- Managing and Leading People
* The elective subjects running will depend on what intake you begin your studies.
For eligibility to graduate with the Graduate Certificate of Project Management, students must successfully complete 4 subjects (48 credit points) comprising:
- MNG91217 Project Management Principles; and
- Two subjects from Part A; and
- One subject from Part A or Part B