Graduate Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
An introduction to occupational health and safety management
Build the foundational skills to work in occupational health and safety roles. You’ll focus on both occupational health and safety, as well as tactics for preventing environmental degradation.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
At the end of the program, students of the Graduate Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety can:
- apply independent judgement when investigating and evaluating complex OHS/WHS situations to generate solutions
- communicate specialised OHS/WHS knowledge, concepts and skills to a variety of audiences
- demonstrate management skills by planning, implementing and evaluating substantial OHS/WHS projects.
Graduates would be suitable for roles in the mining, oil and gas, construction, government and non-government sectors.
All applicants are required to have an undergraduate degree in any discipline, with equivalents considered.
Alternatively applicants can apply with an AQF level 5 qualification e.g. Diploma (or equivalent) in Occupational Health and Safety and have at least five years appropriate professional experience.
English Proficiency Requirements
English competency requirements may be satisfied through completion of one of the following:
- IELTS Academic Overall band minimum score of 6.5 (no individual band less than 6.0);
- Bachelor degree from a country specified on the English Proficiency Bands page;
- Successfully completed 0.375 EFTSL of study at postgraduate level or higher at an Australian higher education provider (or equivalent);
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years relevant professional experience; or
- Other tests, courses or programs defined on the English Proficiency Bands page.
If you're applying for a course and have previous study or professional experience, you may be eligible for what we call 'advanced standing'.
For more information and to apply please go to https://www.ecu.edu.au/future-students/course-entry/advanced-standing
This course provides an introduction to the field of occupational health and safety management. The course has been developed to equip students with the basic skills to function effectively in occupational health and safety roles.
Students are required to complete three units
- OHS6130 Workplace Health and Safety Law
- OHS6131 Occupational Health and Safety Risk Management
- OHS6132 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems