Graduate Certificate in Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
Fight to end the exploitation of human labour
Begin to unpack the ethics, laws, and politics surrounding slavery and human trafficking in modern society and business. Reflect on initiatives to prevent modern slavery and think about how your decisions and actions can contribute to change.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 05 Feb 23
- 09 Jul 23
The University of Notre Dame Australia is committed to delivering an excellent student experience, alongside a high standard of teaching, research, and training. As a leader in ethical education, Notre Dame aims to develop students’ critical reasoning and their ability to make ethical decisions—crucial skills to progressing their careers and leading purposeful lives. At Notre Dame, students navigate their future with an ethical education online.
Learn more about UNDA.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
On completion of this program students should be able to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Demonstrate specialised knowledge of modern slavery and human trafficking in local, national and international contexts
- Identify economic, social and political factors that allow modern slavery and human trafficking to operate
- Evaluate the effectiveness of nation state diplomacy and domestic and international laws to prevent modern slavery and human trafficking
- Evaluate the effectiveness of initiatives by non-government organisations and agencies to prevent modern slavery and human trafficking
- Reflect on how personal decisions and actions can progress change to ensure the dignity and human rights of people.
Business or legal professional; entrepreneur; human rights advocate; policy & research advisor
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking applicants must also meet the following specific requirements:
1. As a minimum qualification, a recognised Bachelor degree (AQF level 7 qualification) or equivalent in any discipline area
2. Applicants without a Bachelor level qualification may be eligible to enter the Program if they have at least 2 years' experience in a related field. This would be determined on a case by case basis.
Credit for equivalent prior learning may be awarded for up to 50% of this Program.
Applications for Advanced Standing and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be considered and reviewed on a case by case basis by UNDA's Student Administration.
The Graduate Certificate in Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking introduces students to the concepts of modern slavery and human trafficking, including key facets such as Australian and International legislative responses, risks in business and supply chains, and efforts made by global and local organisations to combat the phenomena. The program contextualises modern slavery and human trafficking globally, as well as examining ethics and decision-making.
Recommended Study Pattern
The Graduate Certificate has two required subjects. You can then select two subjects depending on your professional or personal interests.
Students complete these two (2) required subjects (50 credits):
- BUSN5006 Ethical Production of Goods and Services
- LAWS5000 Law and Modern Slavery
Students complete two (2) of the following subjects (50 credits):
- ARTS5000 Modern Slavery and Global Politics
- BUSN5750 Organisations: Power, Leadership and Transformation
- BUSN5007 Policing Human Trafficking
Completion of 100 units of credit, including 2 required and 2 other subjects as outlined in the Recommended Study Pattern
There are no early exit points for this Program.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.