Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
Graduate Certificate in Marketing
Supercharge your degree by adding a marketing qualification
Find innovative answers to marketing questions through understanding new and traditional frameworks, and utilising new technologies. Move from marketing fundamentals to understanding strategy development and marketing communications.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
Start your career with Curtin’s globally recognised courses and extensive industry connections. Through OUA, our online courses offer an interactive and collaborative learning experience that gets you the same degree as if you studied on campus. Curtin is a global university with a vibrant culture of innovation and collaboration and is ranked in the top one per cent of universities worldwide.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
At the completion of this degree students will be able to:
- apply principles and concepts in marketing theory and practice to describe, understand, analyse and evaluate marketing issues; and to provide innovative solutions to marketing problems
- critically analyse the marketing environment and think creatively to generate strategic solution;apply logical and rational processes in high level decision making
- use a variety of methodologies to assess informational requirements, acquire and evaluate information from multiple sources, and synthesise this knowledge to make supported judgements relevant to marketing strategy
- develop marketing plans, reports and presentations to effectively communicate problems and solution to internal managers and external stakeholders; engage in successful negotiation with supply-chain members, channel partners and customers to create value in long term relationships
- use appropriate technologies, electronic resources and new interactive media to effectively collect and analyse marketing data; adopt an appropriate blend of new and traditional technologies to implement coherent strategic initiatives in marketing
- employ an intellectual curiosity that is able to integrate new information with existing knowledge, and develop a lifelong attitude of continuing professional development in the marketing discipline
- apply an international perspective to marketing issues, and adapt marketing models and strategies for competitive advantage and success in the global environment; Account for contemporary developments in world forums to implement socially responsible and sustainable marketing efforts
- recognise the nature of cultural trends and diversity in market segmentation and analysis to develop culturally sensitive efforts in marketing; adapt marketing strategies to cultural segments for competitive advantage; understand local norms for marketing and logistics in international marketing
- apply an ethical approach in dealing with various stakeholders in the marketing environment, and demonstrate leadership and professional integrity in all aspects of marketing strategy development, communications and negotiations.
Graduates may qualify for entry to some Graduate Diplomas and Master degrees. For further details, see the University website http://curtin.edu.au.
Applicants generally require a Bachelor Degree in any discipline or equivalent credit gained for recognised learning.
Work and Life
Applicants without an undergraduate degree will be considered on the basis of at least 5 years relevant work experience.
If you are applying based on work experience you will need to meet the English Proficiency requirements.
English Proficiency Requirements
If your education degrees were not solely in English, as per the International Handbook of Universities or the World Higher Education database, or you are applying based on work experience you will need to meet the English Proficiency requirements. Admission requires an overall International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic) (or equivalent test) score of at least 6.5 and competence in all test components (IELTS score of 6.0).
Please refer to the 'Minimum English Entry Requirements' document at http://students.curtin.edu.au/local/docs/English_List.pdf.
Applicants are required to meet University academic and English language entry standards; details are provided at https://study.curtin.edu.au/applying/english-language-requirements/accepted-english-proficiency-tests/
*** Please Note: If any academic or legal document is not in English, you must provide a colour scan of the non-English documents, including a colour scan of the official English translations of these documents. This is for comparison purposes. ***
Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) is assessed on individual merit and is awarded for different types of learning, for example, studies you have previously completed or for relevant work experience.
Students must be admitted in an award degree of study before lodging their completed CRL application, along with all required supporting documentation for a formal assessment.
To apply for CRL, please visit the Curtin University website: https://study.curtin.edu.au/credit/
It is important to note accepted documentation includes scans of the original Transcripts and/or Award Certificate; front and back; in colour; and original size. For further information see the scanned documents and certification requirements and guidelines.
More information about the policies and procedures related to CRL assessment and appealing a CRL assessment outcome can be found in the Credit for Recognised Learning manual (PDF).
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Graduate Certificate in Marketing is suitable for those who wish to develop the fundamental skills of marketing. The degree is also an entry point for those who may be considering higher postgraduate qualifications in the future.
To qualify for the award of Graduate Certificate in Marketing students must complete a total of 4 subjects or equivalent.
This degree is an exit award to the Graduate Diploma in Marketing and Master of Marketing.
Choose subjects to begin.
You can apply for government funding or pay up-front.