Warning! This is a restricted degree. Subject enrolment is only available to students admitted into this degree.
At the completion of this degree students will be able to:
- apply principles and concepts in marketing theory and practice to describe, understand, analyse and evaluate marketing issues; and to provide innovative solutions to marketing problems
- critically analyse the marketing environment and think creatively to generate strategic solution;apply logical and rational processes in high level decision making
- use a variety of methodologies to assess informational requirements, acquire and evaluate information from multiple sources, and synthesise this knowledge to make supported judgments relevant to marketing strategy
- develop marketing plans, reports and presentations to effectively communicate problems and solution to internal managers and external stakeholders; engage in successful negotiation with supply-chain members, channel partners and customers to create value in long term relationships
- use appropriate technologies, electronic resources and new interactive media to effectively collect and analyse marketing data; adopt an appropriate blend of new and traditional technologies to implement coherent strategic initiatives in marketing
- employ an intellectual curiosity that is able to integrate new information with existing knowledge, and develop a lifelong attitude of continuing professional development in the marketing discipline
- apply an international perspective to marketing issues, and adapt marketing models and strategies for competitive advantage and success in the global environment; Account for contemporary developments in world forums to implement socially responsible and sustainable marketing efforts
- recognise the nature of cultural trends and diversity in market segmentation and analysis to develop culturally sensitive efforts in marketing; adapt marketing strategies to cultural segments for competitive advantage; understand local norms for marketing and logistics in international marketing
- apply an ethical approach in dealing with various stakeholders in the marketing environment, and demonstrate leadership and professional integrity in all aspects of marketing strategy development, communications and negotiations.
Graduates may qualify for entry to some Graduate Diplomas and Master degrees. For further details, see the University website http://curtin.edu.au.
Applicants require a bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline, or at least 5 years' relevant work experience. Applicants must also meet Curtin's English language proficiency requirements.
English Proficiency Requirements
Applicants for a Graduate Certificate are required to meet University academic and English language entry standards (IELTS requirement of 6.5 overall (with no individual band less than 6)).
Applications for Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) are assessed on a case by case basis according to Curtin University policies which is available at http://policies.curtin.edu.au/local/docs/policy/Credit_for_Recognised_Learning_Manual.pdf.
Students must be admitted in an award degree of study before lodging their completed CRL application, along with all necessary documentation for a formal assessment.
To officially apply for CRL, students need to submit the CRL application form available from http://students.curtin.edu.au/administration/documents/Application_for_CRL.pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org along with supporting documents. Accepted documentation includes scans of the original Transcripts and/or Award Certificate; front and back; in colour; and original size. For detailed scanned documents requirements and guidelines, please visit http://courses.curtin.edu.au/course_overview/admission-requirements/scanned-documents.cfm.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.
The Graduate Certificate in Marketing is suitable for those who wish to develop the fundamental skills of marketing. The degree is also an entry point for those who may be considering higher postgraduate qualifications in the future.
To qualify for the award of Graduate Certificate in Marketing students must complete a total of 4 subjects or equivalent.
This degree is an exit award to the Graduate Diploma in Marketing and Master of Marketing.