Graduate Certificate in Magnetic Resonance Technology
Upskill in radiology and learn how to use an MRI
This course covers the fundamentals of magnetic resonance imaging, one of radiology's most frequently used imaging techniques. Not only will you learn how MRI scanners work, but you will also get to practice on one during a hands-on week in Brisbane.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
- Access the most advanced range of magnetic resonance instrumentation in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Apply your knowledge and skills during a week-long on-campus practical immersion.
- Be eligible for Australian Society of Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy continuing professional development (CPD) points accrual.
- Organise your study around professional and personal commitments, with all courses in this program able to be completed online.
- Magnetic resonance technologist
- Magnetic resonance imaging physicist
- Image processor
- Biomedical researcher
- Senior radiographer
To be eligible for entry, you'll need:
- a bachelor degree in mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, medical imaging, medical radiation, radiography, allied health, biomedical engineering, engineering, computer science or an approved discipline; or
- 5 years of work experience in the same discipline.
English Proficiency Requirements
All applicants must satisfy the UQ English language proficiency requirements for admission.
If you've completed previous study, you may be eligible to receive credit for – or exemption from – certain subjects in a UQ program. Assessment of prior learning and the granting of credit or exemption will be consistent with the Recognition of Prior Learning Policy (limits in section 2.4).
This program is designed to equip the student with a good understanding of the fundamentals of magnetic resonance technology. The four core courses cover the physics of magnetic resonance and image formation, the components of modern day magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners and safety considerations within this specialised field. This program is useful for those wanting formal qualifications in this rapidly expanding field.
Access to a MRI scanner is NOT required for this award.