Graduate Certificate in Digital Learning and Teaching
Use current tools and systems to design online learning
Connect with digital learners and future-proof your career. You’ll explore learning platforms, emerging tech, and get hands-on experience developing digital content. Graduate with a professional learning-designer portfolio to show potential employers.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
On successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create and critique online and digitally enabled educational instructional projects for a range of educational contexts through the systematic application of professional methodologies.
- Formulate responsible, well-informed and ethical judgments in considering the role of education, design and digital media practitioners in a complex and highly dynamic industries.
- Analyse and interpret data that informs the improvement of practice and critically apply cross-disciplinary theoretical and practical knowledge to recommend actions relevant to contemporary and emerging educational settings.
- Investigate the role of different cultures, values and dispositions in the design of online educational products for niche audiences and report on findings, recommendations and implications for practice.
- Collaborate to develop new knowledge about online learning.
- Synthesise theoretical knowledge and apply to a practical outcome.
On graduation, you will be well placed to apply for the following roles:
- Learning designer
- Instructional designer
- E-learning developer
- Education officer.
If you are a teacher, this course will help you build knowledge in the area of digital teaching and learning, and access new roles such as learning management system officer.
Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a similar discipline
Work and Life
Applicants with a minimum five (5) years approved work experience will be considered for admission to this course.
If you have completed study with another university or institution and believe you are eligible to receive credit for skills and past study, you can apply for credit (advanced standing).
Applications for credit (advanced standing) can be made as part of your course application.
Gain in-demand skills in digital-learning design and development, with the Graduate Certificate in Digital Learning and Teaching at Victoria University.
Our career-focused course will teach you to create effective online learning activities and content. You'll learn the production processes of digital instruction design and development, graduating ready to work in this ever-expanding field.
Work-focused learning is central to this course
With a focus on contextual learning, this course draws on Victoria University’s award-winning Connected Learning area to offer real-world, exemplary learning-design methods.
You will undertake client-driven industry and community projects, including industry-focused research, and will develop an interview-ready portfolio by the end of the course.
Initially, you will explore the research orientation of learning designers, and issues that are important to the field such as co-creation. By the end of the first unit, you will have begun the digital portfolio that we will build and refine during your study.
We will help you improve this portfolio as the units progress, offering feedback and guidance until it has reached a professional standard.
By course end, you will have a professional learning-designer portfolio to enhance job applications and show potential employers.
Study in convenient four-week blocks
Following the overwhelming success of the revolutionary VU Block Model with undergraduate students, we have rolled out the Block Model to our postgraduate courses.
This course is delivered in four-week mode, which means you study one unit (subject) at a time over four weeks, rather than juggling several units at once. And with its focused timetables and smaller, collaborative classes, VU’s Block Model gives you more time to connect with your peers, lecturers and industry partners, helping you to build strong professional networks.
The VU Block Model has improved our student results and engagement, and has won multiple international awards for innovation and excellence.
Recommended Study Pattern
To attain the Graduate Certificate in Digital Learning and Teaching students will be required to complete 48 credit points of Core studies:
- Engaging Learners in Digital Environments - Unit code: ADL6001, Credits: 12
- Analysing the Web and Social Networks - Unit code: ADM5004, Credits: 12
- Design and Development across Learning Environments - Unit code: AET6004, Credits: 12
- Digital Learning Platforms - Unit code: AET6005, Credits: 12
To attain the Graduate Certificate in Digital Learning and Teaching students will be required to complete:
- 48 credit points of Core studies.