Graduate Certificate in Data and Cyber Management
Become a cyber leader by learning from industry titans
Secure your future as a data leader. Gain insights from a global faculty of 250+ world leaders. Explore risk analysis, threat management and cyber governance. Develop practical tools to shape a positive data security culture in organisations.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 11 Oct 20
The University of New England is the only Australian public university to be awarded the maximum 5 stars for Overall Experience by the Good Universities Guide, 13 years in a row. UNE has delivered distance education since 1955—that’s longer than any other Australian university. Perhaps that’s why students continue to rate UNE so highly for student satisfaction and teaching quality. With over 170 degrees offered online, and more than 20,000 online students, UNE is the expert in online education.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- understand, communicate and apply advanced theoretical knowledge in the fields of data security, leadership and people management to real world contexts
- justify and interpret theoretical propositions and related bodies of knowledge to critically evaluate the resolution of business problems and recommend actions relevant to contemporary business settings
- critically apply cross-disciplinary knowledge in decision making with creativity for innovation and data security contexts
- demonstrate an understanding of global business challenges and key management strategies to positively influence a data mindset
- work as a reflective leader and data practitioner to formulate, implement and evaluate industry-specific investigations to resolve complex professional problems and inform decision-making
- communicate effectively to specialist and non-specialist audiences including multi-disciplinary teams, diverse cultural communities and business and other professional organisations
- exemplify initiative and inspirational leadership in a dynamic 21st Century work environment with an emphasis placed on consistent, ethical, and socially responsible leadership.
Chief Information Security Officer
Head of Cyber Security
Head of Digital Transformation Security
Head of Cyber Defense
President Cyber Security
Information Security Director
Cyber Security Executive
Data and Cyber Security lead
VP Cyber Security Strategy
VP Security Assurance
Security Governance Director
Threat Investigations Lead
Enterprise Risk Officer
Governance Compliance & Risk Manager
Option A: Hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor degree qualification or above
Work and Life
Option B: Seven years of full-time work experience, including at least three years of relevant full-time work experience in a dedicated IT/supervisory/management/consulting role
English Proficiency Requirements
UNE and Ducere accept students who have either:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) academic overall score of at least 6.0, with no sub-band less than 5.5.
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 213 in the computer-based test OR at least 79 in the internet-based test. You must receive a rating of no less than 22 in the written component.
- A Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) minimum overall score of 57 with no skill less than 50.
To be eligible, you must have received your English language test score within two years of the date of application for admission to UNE.
You may be able to get credit or RPL for some units of this course based on your previous education and work experience. This means the duration of the course may be reduced. Applicants are advised to contact the degree administrator.
- This graduate certificate is for leaders who are looking to equip themselves with the knowledge and skills needed to implement effective cyber management in any organisation
- This is not a technical qualification. This course is designed to provide the leader with sufficient knowledge of the different programming languages, systems and infrastructures combined with both local and globally recognised strategies to successfully liaise with various technical experts and stakeholders to make informed management decisions
- This course clearly identifies the various data risks to, and the responsibilities of, every organisation with an online presence. Students will focus explicitly on culture, values and dispositions in order to affect change within organisations in regards to best cyber security practice. As no two organisations are the same, each will require unique, multi-faceted and creative solutions reached through careful planning of self and others.
- No exams. Benefit from the opportunity to fast-track your studies and graduate in 6 months, while you work
- Over 44% Of Ducere students received a salary increase or promotion before graduating
- This course is developed in partnership with industry experts and modern thought leaders who, together with our Global Leaders Faculty (GLF), provide genuine insights from over 250 of the world’s greatest individuals, from prime ministers, Nobel Prize winners, entrepreneurs, scientists, academics and CEO’s. Information is delivered fully online over each trimester through a bespoke learning management system supplemented by various rich media and modern case studies.
Recommended Study Pattern
- Global Cyber Security and Law
- Risk Analysis and Threat Management
- Big Data
- The Cyber Mindset
Full-time: 6 months
Part-time: up to 2 years