Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
For aspiring business leaders
Knowledge for new managers. Get ready to enter today’s business world with confidence. You’ll study finance and accounting and develop your approach to business research. Start thinking about a management position or further study towards your MBA.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
University of the Sunshine Coast's teaching has been awarded 5 stars for the past 16 years. They're young, fresh and doing big things with far-reaching impacts, like ground-breaking research, championing sustainability, and producing award-winning alumni. Innovative thinking that moves everyone forward is their philosophy. Together with their people, community and partners, they're building a supported environment of learning, networking and opportunities.
Learn more about UniSC.
Explore UniSC courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
- Explore current business issues and learn key functional areas of an organisation. Learn the theory but concentrate on how it is used practically in business
- Choose what interests you most from courses in decision-making, economics, marketing, management, law, ethics or infomatics
- Have the opportunity to later upgrade your study to the Master of Business Administration
- Business across a diverse range of industries
- Management positions in government
To be considered for admission candidates would normally be required to:
- possess an undergraduate degree from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent
- have at least two years relevant full-time equivalent work or other relevant experience; and
- candidates whose first language is other than English must demonstrate an appropriate level of English proficiency. Refer to the English language requirements.
* Applicants who do not possess an undergraduate degree but have at least three years’ relevant full-time equivalent work or other relevant experience may be admitted to the qualifying Graduate Certificate in Business Administration. Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration will qualify the candidate for entry into the Master of Business Administration for completion of the remaining courses.
For more detailed admissions information and criteria, visit Admissions explained.
Please refer to Application dates for the closing dates to submit an applications to study at UniSC.
English Proficiency Requirements
Standard English language requirements apply.
If you've completed prior study or have relevant work experience, you may, under specified conditions, be eligible for credit towards your USC degree.
Visit Credit Transfer and How to apply for credit for more information.
Place management roles firmly in your sights with this program. Meet the increasing demands of doing business in today’s world. This program is skills-focused, offering practical work experience to build your management knowledge and problem-solving capabilities.
Recommended Study Pattern
This program is offered full-time or equivalent part-time.
The recommended study pattern is subject to change based on study period of enrolment. To learn more about the courses you will undertake in this program please refer to program structure.
Required courses (2) 24 units
BUS703 Evidenced Based Decision Making
BUS704 Finance and Accounting for Managers
Elective courses (2) 24 units
Select 2 courses from any 500 or 700 level courses from the School of Business and Creative Industries.
Electives can be used to study courses in the following interest areas:
- Economics, Accounting and Finance
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
- Health Sector Business Management
- Information and Communications Technology
- Global Business
- The total number of units required to complete the program is 48 units.
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- Program structures are subject to change
To attain the award of Graduate Certificate in Business Administration, students are required to successfully complete 48 units as outlined in the Program Structure