Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
For aspiring business leaders
Knowledge for new managers. Get ready to enter today’s business world with confidence. You’ll study finance and accounting and develop your approach to business research. Start thinking about a management position or further study towards your MBA.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
University of the Sunshine Coast's teaching has been awarded 5 stars for the past 16 years. They're young, fresh and doing big things with far-reaching impacts, like ground-breaking research, championing sustainability, and producing award-winning alumni. Innovative thinking that moves everyone forward is their philosophy. Together with their people, community and partners, they're building a supported environment of learning, networking and opportunities.
Learn more about UniSC.
Explore UniSC courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
- Explore current business issues and learn key functional areas of an organisation. Learn the theory but concentrate on how it is used practically in business
- Choose what interests you most from courses in decision-making, economics, marketing, management, law, ethics or infomatics
- Have the opportunity to later upgrade your study to the Master of Business Administration
- Business across a diverse range of industries
- Management positions in government
To be considered for admission candidates would normally be required to:
- possess an undergraduate degree from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent
- have at least two years relevant full-time equivalent work or other relevant experience; and
- candidates whose first language is other than English must demonstrate an appropriate level of English proficiency.
* Applicants who do not possess an undergraduate degree but have at least three years’ relevant full-time equivalent work or other relevant experience may be admitted to the qualifying Graduate Certificate in Business Administration. Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration will qualify the candidate for entry into the Master of Business Administration for completion of the remaining courses.
UniSC accepts applications for multiple study periods throughout the year. These include Semester 1 applications which usually close in February, Semester 2 applications which usually close in July, as well as session-based and trimester-based study periods. As part of your application, UniSC will share information about the next available study period for this program.
English Proficiency Requirements
Standard English language requirements apply.
Credit for previous study or work
If you've completed prior study or have relevant work experience, you may, under specified conditions, be eligible for credit towards your USC degree.
Place management roles firmly in your sights with this program. Meet the increasing demands of doing business in today’s world. This program is skills-focused, offering practical work experience to build your management knowledge and problem-solving capabilities.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
This program is offered full-time or equivalent part-time.
The recommended study pattern is subject to change based on study period of enrolment. To learn more about the courses you will undertake in this program please refer to program structure.
Required courses (2) 24 units
- BUS703 Evidenced Based Decision Making
- BUS704 Finance and Accounting for Managers
Elective courses (2) 24 units
Select 2 courses from any 500 or 700 level courses from the School of Business and Creative Industries.
Electives can be used to study courses in the following interest areas:
- Economics, Accounting and Finance
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
- Health Sector Business Management
- Information and Communications Technology
- Global Business
- The total number of units required to complete the program is 48 units.
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- Program structures are subject to change
To attain the award of Graduate Certificate in Business Administration, students are required to successfully complete 48 units as outlined in the Program Structure