The aviation industry has experienced exceptional growth in recent years, along with increasing air traffic globally. In this degree you will gain the knowledge, skills and management expertise needed to understand and master management practices in the aviation industry.
You will be able to apply your management skills to many areas of the aviation industry including: airlines, air traffic service providers, maintenance and repair organisations, and government organisations, such as the Civil Aviation Safety Authority.
You will be able to further your career in the airline industry and provide your employer with a competitive advantage over other organisations in the region.
Admission requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Aviation Management are:
- a Bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised tertiary institution
Work and Life
Professional entry will be considered if an applicant does not possess a Bachelor degree from a recognised tertiary institution. Applicants will need at least three years of experience in the aviation industry at a supervisory level or above and document the reasons why they believe they should be accepted into the program. The application must include their industry history and training courses completed. People considered to be working in the industry at a supervisory level include air traffic controllers, first line managers, middle ranking military officers, and professional pilots. In light of the diversity of experience, each application will be assessed on its merits.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum grade of C on the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- OR a minimum grade of C on the Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Students who successfully complete the Direct Entry Program (DEP) will satisfy the English Language requirements for this Griffith degree.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website:
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Aviation Management (GCertAvnMgt), a student must acquire 40 credit points for listed elective courses.