Graduate Certificate in Agribusiness
Start your journey into agricultural management
Consider this course your introduction to the world of agribusiness. You will upskill in eight business, finance and agriculture subjects of your choice, which will prepare you for further study in the Master of Agribusiness.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
For more than a century, The University of Queensland (UQ) has delivered knowledge leadership for a better world. The most prestigious and widely recognised rankings of world universities consistently place UQ among the world's top universities. UQ has also won more national teaching awards than any other Australian university. This commitment to quality teaching empowers our 56,000 current students, who study across UQ’s three campuses, to create positive change for society.
Learn more about UQ.
- Take advantage of one of the leading agribusiness programs in Australia at one of the world’s top 20 universities for agriculture.
- Benefit from regular exposure to practising managers and their businesses through a hands-on approach to learning.
- Explore all aspects of the value chain to confidently work with small-scale and large-scale producers, processors, transporters, financial institutions and domestic and international retailers to deliver high-quality and affordable products.
- Position yourself as a future business leader through the selection of electives in entrepreneurship, corporate law, finance and effective stakeholder engagement.
- Agribusiness manager
- Agribusiness researcher
- Agribusiness banker
- Commodity trader
- Sales and marketing professional
- Supply chain manager
- Property manager
To be eligible for entry, you'll need:
- a bachelor degree in any field, with UQ or equivalent GPA of 4 or above on a 7 point scale; or
- 2 years of work experience in the same discipline.
English Proficiency Requirements
All applicants must satisfy the UQ English language proficiency requirements for admission.
If you've completed previous study, you may be eligible to receive credit for – or exemption from – certain subjects in a UQ program. Assessment of prior learning and the granting of credit or exemption will be consistent with the Recognition of Prior Learning Policy (limits in section 2.4).
Agribusiness is the study of consumers, retailers, marketers, and primary producers - and the business of keeping the chain working profitably.
This program meets the needs of three groups of professionals: those working in agribusiness who wish to upgrade their management skills; those wishing to redirect their careers into agribusiness; and new graduates in either business or agricultural/rural science wishing to add to their employment prospects.
Students have opportunities to enhance their knowledge, skills and practice; to develop their careers; and to deliver better and more profitable outcomes for Australian agribusiness. Students learn to locate, interpret, synthesise and apply information from a variety of sources. Graduates demonstrate a high level of specialised knowledge of agribusiness management, and business and communication skills associated with selected areas of study.