Diploma of Applied Cloud Technology
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
The third university established in Victoria, La Trobe University has a diverse community of more than 33,000 students and staff. Its commitment to excellence in teaching and research prepares students to make a bold and positive impact in today's global community. La Trobe provides Open Universities Australia with its core tenets, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Upon successful completion of this diploma, students should be able to:
- Produce reports that convey technical and business requirements to relevant stakeholders, consistent with professional standards in information technology (IT).
- Develop oral presentations that communicate technical and business requirements to diverse audiences, including colleagues and stakeholders in IT and general communities
- Analyse and evaluate numerical data and other evidence from business, technical and scientific reports to make informed judgements and develop recommendations for a range of stakeholders in IT
- Locate, analyse and evaluate relevant business related literature to develop IT specifications for cloud based business systems
- Apply strategies to solve cloud system problems and other challenges in cloud technology
This course has been designed with a high employability focus in the exciting world of IT. Graduates will fit roles that bridge the gap between technical and management personnel. Career opportunities include:
- Level 1 Help Desk
- Technical Support Level 1
- Deployment Technician
- Installation & Support Consultant
An equivalent academic level achievement
Completion of Year 12, with a score in English of at least 25. An ATAR score of at least 50.0 or equivalent is required.
Completion of a minimum of Certificate IV
Work and Life
Students may apply based on at least one year work experience after leaving school
Students who have studied at tertiary level elsewhere, or who have relevant studies or work experience, may be eligible for advanced standing (credit) towards a La Trobe University qualification. Advanced standing enables you to complete your degree earlier, reduce your study load and/or take on additional qualifications. We can provide you with more details about the process for advanced standing at enrolment (advanced standing is similar to recognised prior learning).
Skills and knowledge of cloud computing is critical for companies to deliver on their digital transformation strategy. Cloud services provide a natural platform for optimising existing IT systems to increase operational efficiencies, while driving business agility and growth. This diploma is a world-first collaboration between Amazon (the biggest global cloud company) and La Trobe.
Please note that you will be required to enrol in the 3 Year Applied Cloud Technology Degree, but can exit after 1 Year with the University Diploma should you complete it successfully.
Recommended Study Pattern
As a full-time student, each year of your course must be completed within 12 months. You will then achieve your diploma by studying 8 subjects over a 1 year timeframe.* Undertaking 30 hours of study per week should see you successfully complete your qualification within this timeframe. Each subject has specific deadlines based around your study plan which you must meet.
You may undertake your studies part-time instead, however, this will extend the duration of your course. Feel free to ask the La Trobe Student Admissions Team about this option.
*Minimum timeframe for the diploma is 12 months. This can vary according to:
- Your progress in the course
- Leave of absence, such as holidays
- Advanced standing granted
- Changes between part-time and full-time
- Availability of subjects (for preferred elective options)
Successful completion of 8 subjects as per the recommended study pattern.