Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
100% online study with practicum placement
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On completion of the program graduates should be able to:
1. Review and apply theories, concepts, methods and technologies to critically analyse, consolidate, synthesise and evaluate information to generate innovative and sustainable solutions to solve complex problems to a range of diverse contexts associated with exercise and sports science.
2. Appraise and apply relevant exercise related knowledge and skills to specific contexts, cognisant of the circumstances of individuals and groups, including sports performers and those with disabilities, chronic diseases and from a range of age groups across the lifespan.
3. Act autonomously to display well-developed practical skills relevant to laboratory, clinical and field situations in the sport and exercise area.
4. Exhibit and apply knowledge of evidence-based practice, advanced oral, written and digital communication skills, and professional development to clearly and coherently communicate concepts, information and ideas to relevant stakeholders.
5. Integrate and apply a competent level of safe, professional integrity and ethical practice displayed in interactions with clients from a range of populations, and a variety of contexts, across the lifespan.
After three years of study you will be an exercise scientist, able to work in the sport and health industries as a technician. Some exercise scientists work alongside sport scientists supporting athletes to improve sport performance. Others work alongside clinicians in the healthcare system using exercise as medicine. You can expect to find employment in roles such as health promotion, recreation officer, gym manager, sports development officer, or work within sports tourism, community sport and recreation, and promotion of sport performance among athletes.
The Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science is accredited with Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA).
ATAR/Selection Rank + English Language Proficiency
Residential School/s + Placement
Credit for previous study or work
Is your passion to work in the sport, exercise, health or fitness field? The Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science will develop your knowledge and skills to apply the science of sport and exercise and develop interventions that improve sport performance, health, and fitness, and assist in the prevention of chronic diseases. During your degree, your studies will cover all aspects of sport and exercise science, including anatomy and physiology, psychology, strength and conditioning, exercise prescription, and programming and delivery, alongside professional placements.