Bachelor of Information Technology
Use IT automation to support humans and businesses
Build foundations in programming and networking. Explore emerging technologies. Work on live projects with industry-standard software. You’ll be ready to meet market demand for IT skills in software engineering, cloud computing and cyber security.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
At Torrens University Australia you can tailor your study to suit your lifestyle. Thanks to their innovative digital learning system you’ll gain the ultimate in flexibility, and still receive personalised guidance from academics and access to work placement, mentorship and internship opportunities. Online you can attend live classes or view recorded sessions, connect with lecturers and fellow students, and access content on-demand 24/7.
Learn more about Torrens.
Explore Torrens courses.
As one of Australia’s fastest growing universities, we take a progressive approach to learning. Our courses are co-designed, developed and delivered with industry, giving you confidence that you’ll graduate job-ready.
During this course you will:
- Demonstrate a cohesive and coherent understanding of IT concepts and technologies in solving complex industry problems.
- Evaluate and select appropriate technology and design methodologies for the implementation of IT solutions.
- Synthesise cognitive, technical and creative skills to design and develop inventive IT solutions for complex industry applications.
- Communicate IT services and solutions to a diverse audience, ensuring they meet system and user needs.
- Apply sound judgment, effective management, and collaborative skills in a professional IT context.
- Demonstrate core professional obligations, ethics and social responsibilities in a professional IT context.
- Evaluate and recommend emerging IT technologies to deliver creative and human-centric IT solutions.
Successfully completing a Bachelor of Information Technology prepares you to seek professional level employment in roles within the IT and software industries. Potential career paths include:
- Solution Architect
- Network Designer
- Data Engineer
- IT Technical Writer
- IT Project Manager
- Software Developer
- System Developer
Torrens University Australia offers flexible entry options and study pathways, whether you’re finishing school, pursuing career progression or looking for a change. Entry requirements for this course includes:
- Successful completion of a Higher Education qualification.
- Year 12 (Australian secondary school certificate) or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a Vocational qualification (AQF Level 4), or above.
Work and Life
- Work life experience demonstrating the ability to undertake study at the required level.
English Proficiency Requirements
Standard English language requirements apply.
Don’t meet the entry requirements? We have numerous pathway programs to get you started. Contact our Future Student Advisors to learn about alternative entry options.
Learn how to solve and propose innovative solutions to complex and highly technical problems.
You’ll cover foundational studies in programming, software engineering, network and database systems, and human-centred design, as well as topics in smart industry technologies, enterprise computing and cloud architectures. A choice of elective subjects, including software development, data analytics, artificial intelligence, web development and UX, game programming and cybersecurity, allows you toTailor the course to your interests.
You will also have the opportunity to undertake work experience, which lets you apply your learnings and further prepare for entry into the workforce.
Tailor your study to your lifestyle thanks to our innovative digital learning system, accessible from anywhere with 24/7 personalised support. With all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part time, on-campus, online or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.
Course duration: 3 years full time, up to 6 years part time, 2 years accelerated
Recommended Study Pattern
The course structure comprises of 18 Information Technology (IT) core subjects and 4 specialised elective subjects over levels 100, 200 and 300, as follows:
- Level 100: 7 mandatory IT core subjects and 1 specialist elective subject
- Level 200: 6 mandatory IT core subjects and 1 specialist elective subject
- Level 300: 5 mandatory IT core subjects and 2 specialist elective subjects