Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Electrical and Electronic Engineering)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
100% online study with practicum placement
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
Upon successful completion of the degree, students should be able to:
• Display systematic knowledge that underpins relevant engineering theory and practice in the technology domain.
• Recognise the social purpose of engineering technology and explain the relationship between human-made products and systems, and community needs.
• Apply well-researched, innovative, industry systems approaches to solve a range of well-defined engineering problems, and to address issues of sustainable practice in diverse environmental, technical and social contexts.
• Apply relevant management skills and design processes within the domain of engineering technologists to enable the delivery of engineering projects within given constraints.
• Make appropriate judgements by critically evaluating evidence, identifying and analysing ethical issues and applying cultural competencies, including those relevant to indigenous peoples
• Communicate effectively in English and interpret information for diverse audiences using oral, written and technology-based approaches; and apply effective competencies as a leader, team member and individual within the domain of engineering technologists.
• Engage in lifelong learning through reflection, and be accountable for their personal and professional actions by managing and monitoring personal performance.
With your graduate expertise, you’ll be able to secure a career as an electrical or electronic Engineering Technologist, Senior Technical Offer or Senior Engineering Officer. You could land a great position with a major employers in transport, mining, power companies like Energy Queensland or Origin, as well have opportunities to work in one of the most important Australian major infrastructure providers and operators.
As a graduate of the Bachelor of Engineering Technology, you will be eligible to apply for graduate membership with Engineers Australia as an Graduate Engineering Technologist. After gaining experience working in your field in industry, you can apply for Stage 1 Technologist (TMIEAust) followed by chartered status as an Engineering Technologist (CEngT).
ATAR/Selection Rank + Mathematical Methods Subject pre-requisite + English Subject pre-requisite English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
The Bachelor of Engineering Technology gives you the opportunity to get hands-on with a range of technologies - including electrical and electronic equipment, measurement equipment, PLCs, microprocessors, power electronics and rotating machines, controllers and the Internet of Things - to prepare you for a broad range of field applications. You’ll gain a thorough understanding of electrical theory, digital and analogue technologies, electrical plant and its control, electronic measurement principles and workshop practices, as well as engineering project management - enabling you to ensure a technological product and its operation are soundly based in theory.