Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Civil Engineering)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
100% online study with practicum placement
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
Upon successful completion of the degree, students should be able to:
• Display systematic knowledge that underpins relevant engineering theory and practice in the technology domain.
• Recognise the social purpose of engineering technology and explain the relationship between human-made products and systems, and community needs.
• Apply well-researched, innovative, industry systems approaches to solve a range of well-defined engineering problems, and to address issues of sustainable practice in diverse environmental, technical and social contexts.
• Apply relevant management skills and design processes within the domain of engineering technologists to enable the delivery of engineering projects within given constraints.
• Make appropriate judgements by critically evaluating evidence, identifying and analysing ethical issues and applying cultural competencies, including those relevant to indigenous peoples
• Communicate effectively in English and interpret information for diverse audiences using oral, written and technology-based approaches; and apply effective competencies as a leader, team member and individual within the domain of engineering technologists.
• Engage in lifelong learning through reflection, and be accountable for their personal and professional actions by managing and monitoring personal performance.
As a graduate, you will have the qualifications to work on major infrastructure projects involving construction, operation and maintenance of roads, bridges, buildings, water supply schemes, industrial and manufacturing plants as a professional Civil Engineering Technologist.
As a graduate of the Bachelor of Engineering Technology, you will eligible to apply for membership with Engineers Australia as an Engineering Technologist. After gaining experience from working in the field, you can apply for chartered status as an Engineering Technologist.
ATAR/Selection Rank + Mathematical Methods Subject pre-requisite + English Subject pre-requisite English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
With all forms of engineering infrastructure surrounding us, such as roads, buildings, bridges, dams and pipelines; civil engineers play a major role in society. In your first year, you will experience all areas of the engineering field to allow you to take charge of your own career. The Civil Engineering major will focus on the fundamentals of infrastructure design, planning, development, construction, operation and maintenance, and develop the skills that will allow you to achieve success. Get hands on with the practical courses, work with professional equipment and learn the highly sought after skills you’ll need for the workforce.