Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechatronic & Robotic Engineering)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Online & on-campus
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Display coherent and comprehensive knowledge of historical, contemporary and emerging theories and concepts that underpin relevant engineering disciplines.
- Recognise the social purpose of engineering and analyse the relationship between human-made products and systems, and community needs.
- Apply well-researched, innovative, industry-relevant systems approaches to solve a range of engineering problems, and to address issues of sustainable practice in diverse environmental, technical and social contexts.
- Apply relevant project management skills and formulate design processes to enable the delivery of engineering projects within given project constraints.
- Make appropriate autonomous judgements by critically evaluating evidence, identifying and analysing ethical issues and applying cultural competencies, including those relevant to indigenous peoples.
- Communicate effectively in English and interpret information for diverse audiences using a range of high-level oral, written and technology-based approaches; and apply effective competencies as a leader, team member and individual within the professional domain.
- Engage in lifelong learning through critical reflection, and be accountable for their personal and professional actions by managing and monitoring personal performance.
Graduates from this engineering discipline may find work as a professional Mechatronics Engineer, Robotics Specialist, Control Engineer, Automation Engineer or Cross Disciplinary Engineer in the mining, manufacturing, Government, agriculture, health, automotive and aeronautical fields.
When you graduate with your Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), you will be eligible to apply for membership with Engineers Australia as a graduate Professional Engineer. You will also have the opportunity to work overseas, with your accreditation recognised in those countries that are signatories to the Washington Accord.
ATAR/Selection Rank + Mathematical Methods Subject pre-requisite + English Subject pre-requisite English Language Proficiency
On campus requirementsResidential School/s + Work Integrated Learning
Credit for previous study or work
Be a part of a team solving real industry problems, from pioneering new eco-materials, pushing the frontiers in aerospace, renewable energy implementation, and development of smart robotics. Our Mechatronics degree explores a combination of mechanical, electrical, control, and software disciplines to develop smarter machines, devices, and processes. It will build your passion for solving hands-on problems, interacting with physical systems, learning to prototype and customise for optimal performance. Graduate ready for the most cutting-edge jobs of the future, with the practical skills to integrate state-of-the-art technology and robotics to transform tomorrow’s economy well into the future.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.