Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil Engineering)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
100% online study with practicum placement
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On completion of this program, students should be able to:
• Display coherent and comprehensive knowledge of historical, contemporary and emerging theories and concepts that underpin relevant engineering disciplines.
• Recognise the social purpose of engineering and analyse the relationship between human-made products and systems, and community needs.
• Apply well-researched, innovative, industry-relevant systems approaches to solve a range of engineering problems, and to address issues of sustainable practice in diverse environmental, technical and social contexts.
• Apply relevant project management skills and formulate design processes to enable the delivery of engineering projects within given project constraints.
• Make appropriate autonomous judgements by critically evaluating evidence, identifying and analysing ethical issues and applying cultural competencies, including those relevant to indigenous peoples.
• Communicate effectively in English and interpret information for diverse audiences using a range of high-level oral, written and technology-based approaches; and apply effective competencies as a leader, team member and individual within the professional domain.
• Engage in lifelong learning through critical reflection, and be accountable for their personal and professional actions by managing and monitoring personal performance.
Work as a qualified Professional Civil Engineer in the areas of design, development construction and management in a wide range of fields including structures, transportation, water supply and treatment, and infrastructure.
When you graduate with your Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), you will be eligible to apply for membership with Engineers Australia as a graduate Professional Engineer. With the experience you will gain from working in the field, you may apply for chartered status as a Professional Engineer. You will also have the opportunity to work overseas, with your accreditation recognised in those countries that are signatories to the Washington Accord.
ATAR/Selection Rank + Mathematical Methods Subject pre-requisite + English Subject pre-requisite English Language Proficiency
Residential School/s + Work Integrated Learning
Credit for previous study or work
With your major in Civil Engineering, you will focus on the areas of infrastructure design, planning, development, construction and maintenance. Apply your knowledge through practical work experience and an exciting final year research project that will give you hands-on industry experience. Previous students have produced projects in the fields of material testing and properties of earth friendly concrete, the analysis of high speed rural traffic incidents and the effects of improved vehicle technology on road design. Diversify your skillset and combine your major studies in Civil Engineering with a four-unit minor in Management, Transport Engineering, Data Management or Mining Engineering.