Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Agricultural Engineering)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
100% online study with practicum placement
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On completion of this program, students should be able to:
• Display coherent and comprehensive knowledge of historical, contemporary and emerging theories and concepts that underpin relevant engineering disciplines.
• Recognise the social purpose of engineering and analyse the relationship between human-made products and systems, and community needs.
• Apply well-researched, innovative, industry-relevant systems approaches to solve a range of engineering problems, and to address issues of sustainable practice in diverse environmental, technical and social contexts.
• Apply relevant project management skills and formulate design processes to enable the delivery of engineering projects within given project constraints.
• Make appropriate autonomous judgements by critically evaluating evidence, identifying and analysing ethical issues and applying cultural competencies, including those relevant to indigenous peoples.
• Communicate effectively in English and interpret information for diverse audiences using a range of high-level oral, written and technology-based approaches; and apply effective competencies as a leader, team member and individual within the professional domain.
• Engage in lifelong learning through critical reflection, and be accountable for their personal and professional actions by managing and monitoring personal performance.
With Toowoomba at the epicentre of the Darling Downs’ agriculture and farming industries; UniSQ will provide the advantage of industry knowledge and understanding to give you the expertise that will open up a range of challenging careers and experience to you. Agricultural engineers work in a range of settings including private industry, government departments such as water supply, agriculture, forestry, soil conservation and environment protection agencies, as well as private engineering firms and research agencies.
As a graduate of the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), you will be eligible to apply for graduate membership with Engineers Australia as a Graduate Professional Engineer. After gaining experience working in your field in industry, you can apply for Stage 1 Professional Engineer (MIEAust), and after this for chartered status as a Professional Engineer (CPEng); and with extensive career experience Executive Engineer (ExecEng) accreditation. You will also have the opportunity to work overseas, with your accreditation recognised in the countries that are signatories to the Washington Accord.
ATAR/Selection Rank + Mathematical Methods Subject pre-requisite + English Subject pre-requisite English Language Proficiency
Residential School/s + Work Integrated Learning
Credit for previous study or work
You can combine your major studies in Agriculture with a 4-unit minor in Management, Mechanical Engineering, Data Management or Climatology.