Bachelor of Communication and Media (Software Application Development)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On successful completion of the program students should be able to:
• Communicate with high degree of clarity and coherence focusing on specific recipients using professional or technical language;
• Identify and evaluate the communication processes in a range of industry settings using oral, written, and digital channels;
• Solve problems using critical and reflective approaches informed by communication theory, ethical and social responsibilities;
• Select and apply industry relevant communication practices in authentic settings that are collaborative, innovative, and future-focused;
• Value cultural awareness and diversity and advocate within teams, communities, and workplace settings;
• Critically examine and describe the theoretical issues, problems and methodologies used within the communication professions.
Graduates of this major may gain employment as a programmer, software designer, software developer, data analyst, web technologist, software project manager and the like.
ATAR/Selection Rank + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Gain the skills you need to use software engineering techniques to produce quality software solutions, while learning about project planning, system and software requirement analysis, design, development, configuration management, testing, documentation and maintenance of software. Discover more about algorithms and data structures to position you as a programmer who can create efficient and well-designed code, immersing yourself in object-oriented programming in C++. Explore programming languages, database systems and disruptive technologies such as mobile apps and platform independent software applications and server-side technologies such as HTTP, authentication, stateless server-side scripting, web APIs and web application development frameworks.