Bachelor of Business Information Systems
Harness technology to streamline and improve processes
Experiment with information systems to discover how they impact businesses. Tapping into the best industry minds, you’ll develop critical business skills. Learn how to collect, store and use data. Future-proof your career.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
At Torrens University Australia you can tailor your study to suit your lifestyle. Thanks to their innovative digital learning system you’ll gain the ultimate in flexibility, and still receive personalised guidance from academics and access to work placement, mentorship and internship opportunities. Online you can attend live classes or view recorded sessions, connect with lecturers and fellow students, and access content on-demand 24/7.
Learn more about Torrens.
Explore Torrens courses.
As one of Australia’s fastest growing universities, we take a progressive approach to learning. Our courses are co-designed, developed and delivered with industry, giving you confidence that you’ll graduate job-ready. During this course you will:
- Establish expertise in traditional aspects of business alongside IT elements.
- Harness the power of technology to streamline systems and improve processes.
- Explore the role of budgeting and finance in business information systems.
- Understand how to collect, use and store data so it can support the decision-making process.
You will graduate with everything you need to enter a career operating and managing information systems in dynamic organisations across a variety of industries of different scales and sizes. Potential career paths include:
- Business Analyst
- Business Development Management
- Business Process Analyst
- Business Requirements Analyst
- Database Designer
- Administrator or Programmer
Torrens University Australia offers flexible entry options and study pathways, whether you’re finishing school, pursuing career progression or looking for a change. Entry requirements for this course includes:
- Successful completion of a Higher Education qualification.
- Year 12 (Australian secondary school certificate) or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a Vocational qualification (AQF Level 4 or above).
Work and Life
- Work life experience demonstrating the ability to undertake study at the required level.
Standard English language requirements apply.
Visit our admissions centre for more information: https://www.torrens.edu.au/how-to-apply/admissions-criteria
Don’t meet the entry requirements? We have numerous pathway programs to get you started. Contact our Future Student Advisors to learn about alternative entry options.
This degree focuses on the introduction and development of skills to prepare you for a career as an information systems professional. You will learn critical academic skills, as well as knowledge and applications of a variety of information systems and how they impact businesses.
As well as the 16 core subjects, the Bachelor of Business Information Systems includes eight elective subjects so you can Tailor your degree to suit your career goals.
Tailor your study to your lifestyle thanks to our innovative digital learning system, accessible from anywhere with 24/7 personalised support. With all your course materials online, and the option to study full or part time, on-campus, online or a blend of both it's all about flexibility.
Course duration: 3 years full time, part-time options available, 2 years accelerated
Recommended Study Pattern
The Bachelor of Business Information Systems course structure is comprised of 24 subjects (240 credit points), 16 core subjects and eight elective subjects. The course contains 3 subjects level – Level 100, 200 and 300, guiding you from foundation through to more complex subjects.
- Level 100: 5 core subjects + 3 elective subjects
- Level 200: 5 core subjects + 3 elective subjects
- Level 300: 6 core subject + 2 elective subjects
Electives available to students may be chosen from the elective bank or can be taken from any Torrens University undergraduate course (pre-requisites permitting) with approval from the Program Director (or delegate).