Bachelor of Business (Honours)
Bachelor of Business (Honours) online course with Griffith University, through Open Universities Australia. Study business online.
Add business and commerce research to your graduate’s toolkit. In your Honours year, you’ll rise to the challenge of original research and dissertation writing. Your ability to plan, conduct and write up research will be highly valued by employers.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 14 Nov 21
- 24 Oct 21
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
To be awarded a Bachelor of Business (Honours) degree, one additional year of study is required following the successful completion of the Bachelor of Business.
In the Honours year, you will complete courses to develop your research skills and a 20,000-word dissertation. Your dissertation topic will be decided in consultation with academic staff members and will focus on a topic or theme related to the stream of study you choose.
As a graduate, you will have a competitive edge, as you will be equipped with practical skills, experience and attributes that employers value, as well as highly developed research capabilities. Your skills will be valuable in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
The Griffith University's Undergraduate Programs Admission Policy will apply.
Applicants for this Honours program must have successfully completed the Bachelor of Business (or equivalent) with a GPA of 5.0 (using a 7.0 point scale) over second and third-year level courses.
The suitability of the proposed dissertation topic and availability of supervisors will also be considered.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Credit and recognition of prior learning may be granted in accordance with Section 5.4 of the following University policy:
To be eligible for the award of Bachelor of Business (Honours) [BBus(Hons)], a student must acquire 80 credit points as prescribed below:
- gain 10 credit points for a core course;
- gain 30 credit points listed electives;
- successfully complete the 40 credit point dissertation.
This degree with Honours may be awarded in the following classes:
- Class I Honours
- Class IIA Honours
- Class IIB Honours
- Class III Honours
The class of Honours to be awarded to each student in this degree will be determined by the relevant Assessment Board on the basis of a Program GPA and a minimum percentage for the Dissertation as outlined in the Calculation of Honours Classification section of the Bachelor Honours Degree (AQF Level 8) Policy.
Degree structure can be found here