Bachelor of Business and Enterprise
A multidisciplinary business degree with a focus on innovation
Get set to run your own successful business or thrive as a business professional. This business degree offers a range of majors and specialisations so you can navigate today’s complex business world. Includes sustainability for that business edge.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
Online & on-campus
- No dates available
Southern Cross University believes in the power of change. Their graduates stride the global stage at the frontline of healthcare, transforming education in the classroom, and tackling the world’s wicked problems with scientific and engineering solutions. Students enjoy award winning support, teaching quality, and online delivery. Ranked among the best for many years, they will help you make the change you seek to transform your tomorrow.
Learn more about SCU.
Explore SCU courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Course Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a course. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Critically evaluate and apply practical and responsible business and enterprise solutions from a range of related disciplines to both inform and justify critical decisions.
- Apply knowledge and skills creatively in devising innovative, effective and responsible solutions to challenges related to a business or enterprise.
- Develop and apply recognised ethical frameworks to influence responsible business behaviours within an organisational context.
- Demonstrate and apply in-depth and responsible discipline-specific knowledge and skills within a local, regional and global perspective.
- Demonstrate autonomy, responsibility and accountability for ongoing learning in business and enterprise settings.
- Prepare and deliver, individually and/or in a team, well developed and justified discipline-specific advice through both written and oral communication.
- Investigate and identify a broad range of leadership practices in the management of people and self.
- Demonstrate responsible cultural competence in local, national, and international settings as applied in business and social situations.
Graduates gain the professional, critical thinking and communication skills to run their own business or to pursue career opportunities in a wide range of sectors, including marketing, product management, investment, finance, aviation management and more.
The Accounting specialisation is accredited by CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
The Financial Services specialisation is accredited by the Treasury's Financial Adviser Standards (FAS). For information on how to become a registered financial adviser in Australia, please visit the FAS website.
Southern Cross University offers a number of Pathway Programs which would allow you to gain direct entry to this degree.
ATAR: 70 or Equivalent
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English.
The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this course are as follows:
- Overall: 6.0
- Listening: minimum 5.5
- Reading: minimum 5.5
- Speaking: minimum 5.5
- Writing: minimum 5.5
You may choose, as electives, one or two double-weighted internship units. Internships can be undertaken in a relevant industry sector in Australia or abroad.
Applicants or students that can provide supporting documents to verify they already know, understand and can perform the learning outcomes for one or more units within a Southern Cross course, are eligible to have their prior learning assessed for credit by submitting an application for Advanced Standing. More information can found at Credit for Recognition of Prior Learning - Southern Cross University (scu.edu.au).
The Bachelor of Business and Enterprise has a focus on developing innovation and impact in a complex and changing business world with inspired and multidisciplinary learning experiences. You’ll become equipped with the practical skills, tools and knowledge that are vital for the sustainability of society, business and industry.
Build a portfolio of professional experiences through a range of real world interactions with employers, industry and the community.
You can undertake the course with a professionally accredited specialisation in accounting or financial services. Alternatively, you can choose a major in either business and data analytics, entrepreneurship and innovation, tourism management or aviation management, combining this with an industry project or an internship or a shared major from disciplines across the University.
Recommended Study Pattern
To be eligible to receive the Bachelor of Business and Enterprise, students must complete the equivalent of 24 units (288 credit points) comprising:
- 1 Specialisation in Accounting or Financial Services (288 credit points); OR
- 8 core units, and
- 1 major (96 credit points), and 4 elective units (48 credit points) and 2 Internship Units (48 credit points) or Industry Project units (48 credit points); OR
- 1 major (96 credit points) and 1 shared major (96 credit points)
Students may be eligible to exit with an Associate Degree of Business and Enterprise after completing the equivalent of 16 units (192 credit points), comprising 7 core units (84 credit points) and 9 units (108 credit points) from a Specialisation or from a Major and electives from the Bachelor of Business and Enterprise.
Students may be eligible to exit with the Diploma of Business and Enterprise after completing the equivalent of 8 units (96 credit points), comprising 7 core units (84 credit points) and 1 option or major or elective unit (12 credit points) from the Bachelor of Business and Enterprise.
Choose your subjects
Gain the skills and knowledge needed to contribute to the success of any organisation through better accounting practices.
- Financial Services
Learn to provide sound and unbiased financial advice to clients and organisations. Become career-ready for a number of diverse roles such as financial planning, superannuation and retirement planning, investment and wealth management, insurance, estate planning, tax and corporate finance.
- Business and Data Analytics
Develops your expertise in contemporary data analytics tools and technologies, providing data analytics solutions and insights to support decision-making and inform long-term strategies.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Develops your entrepreneurial ideas to create your own business, social enterprise or work on entrepreneurial ideas within larger organisations.
- Tourism Management
Develops your skills and knowledge in the dynamic field of tourism, event planning, the visitor economy and service quality management.