Bachelor of Aviation
Prepare your flying career for take-off
Get ready to work in the aviation industry as a commercial pilot. This accelerated degree covers the theory and practice of aviation in only two years. Explore pilots’ decision making and limitations. Understand security, risk and safety.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 16 May 21
- 15 Aug 21
- 14 Nov 21
- 04 Jul 21
With a network of campuses across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Griffith University is committed to progressive multidisciplinary teaching and research and a valuable online provider with Open Universities Australia. Already attracting students from more than 122 countries, Griffith's dedication to academic excellence is available across Australia through OUA.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
The Bachelor of Aviation is a two-year, accelerated degree allowing students to progress more quickly into a flying career.
You will be introduced to the sciences underpinning the theory and practice of aviation. You will also study courses in areas such as navigation, safety management systems and the human factors in aviation. Through the Bachelor of Aviation, you will develop the skills needed for lifelong learning in the evolving aviation environment.
The Bachelor of Aviation will prepare you for employment in the aviation industry and, together with the Graduate Diploma of Flight Management, for work as a commercial pilot.
The Qantas Future Pilot Program (QFPP) is open to all Bachelor of Aviation students and provides students with mentoring from experienced pilots during their degree. Graduates of the QFPP may be selected to transition to employment with QantasLink.
The Griffith University's Undergraduate Programs Admission Policy will apply.
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website:
For the award of Bachelor of Aviation (BAvn), you must successfully complete 240 credit points, made up of the core courses AND
- 10 credit points of Level 1 listed electives; 20 credit points of Level 2 or Level 3 listed electives.
For the award of Bachelor of Aviation (BAvn), a student admitted with 80 credit points of advanced standing must successfully complete 160 credit points, made up of the core courses AND
- 100 credit points of listed electives.
For the award of Bachelor of Aviation (BAvn), a student admitted with 160 credit points of advanced standing must successfully complete 80 credit points, made up of the core courses AND
- 50 credit points of listed electives.
This degree may be awarded with Distinction where a student achieves a minimum program GPA of 6.5 with no failed courses. The words 'This award was achieved with Distinction' will be recorded on the testamur.
Degree structure can be found here