Bachelor of Arts (International Relations)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On successful completion of the program, students should be able to:
• Evidence professional knowledge and skills in one or more disciplines which will equip students to be competitive in the regional and global workforce;
• Use creative and critical thinking processes to evaluate multiple sources of evidence, explore new ideas and possibilities, formulate arguments, and apply reasoning and reflection to develop solutions to complex real-world problems;
• Engage independently and collaboratively in informed debates, discussion, and activities to extend and advance effective communication skills in a range of oral, written and digital modes;
• Act as responsible, ethical professionals and global citizens by applying awareness of social responsibility and professional integrity to interactions with other professionals and the wider community;
• Show evidence of skills and capabilities, as well as initiative and resourcefulness, necessary to make a valuable contribution to the professional workplace, and respond to changing industry needs;
• Recognise and apply cultural awareness and tolerance for diversity within team, community and workplace settings.
As a graduate, you will be equipped to work in areas such as international business, foreign affairs, foreign trade or research and development. The graduates of this program have been employed across the range of international fields from government analysis to foreign aid work.
ATAR/Selection Rank + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Exemptions/credit will be assessed based on the UniSQ Credit and Exemption Procedure. Claims for credit for previous study should be submitted prior to or at the time of enrolment. Each claim will be assessed on individual merit in line with UniSQ policy.
Do you want to discover Australia's place in the world and the way it interacts with the contemporary realm? Gain a broad perspective on current issues in the world and how these impact on Australia and its international relations by studying a range of subjects including history, international relations, languages, cultural studies and politics. Gain an edge in this competitive industry by studying this major in conjunction with studies in business or law.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.