Bachelor of Arts (Archaeology)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On successful completion of the program, students should be able to:
• Evidence professional knowledge and skills in one or more disciplines which will equip students to be competitive in the regional and global workforce;
• Use creative and critical thinking processes to evaluate multiple sources of evidence, explore new ideas and possibilities, formulate arguments, and apply reasoning and reflection to develop solutions to complex real-world problems;
• Engage independently and collaboratively in informed debates, discussion, and activities to extend and advance effective communication skills in a range of oral, written and digital modes;
• Act as responsible, ethical professionals and global citizens by applying awareness of social responsibility and professional integrity to interactions with other professionals and the wider community;
• Show evidence of skills and capabilities, as well as initiative and resourcefulness, necessary to make a valuable contribution to the professional workplace, and respond to changing industry needs;
• Recognise and apply cultural awareness and tolerance for diversity within team, community and workplace settings.
Graduates in archaeology gain employment as professional archaeological consultants, museum curators and educators, and in the conservation and heritage management sector. Potential employers are archaeological and heritage management consulting firms, museums, university archaeological departments, Indigenous land councils, heritage agencies, local government, and resource exploration companies, and the like.
ATAR/Selection Rank + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Exemptions/credit will be assessed based on the UniSQ Credit and Exemption Procedure. Claims for credit for previous study should be submitted prior to or at the time of enrolment. Each claim will be assessed on individual merit in line with UniSQ policy.
Archaeology can shed light on some of the most intriguing issues regarding our human past such as the colonisation of the New World, migration out of Africa, Old World globalisation and human-environment interaction. At UniSQ you will develop a thorough understanding of the present by digging deeper into the lifestyles and culture of past societies, whilst learning how to examine the physical evidence of human societies from across all ages – from hundreds of thousands of years ago, to recent history.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.