Bachelor of Advanced Business (Honours)
Gain the competitive edge with this bespoke business degree
Complete your foundation year in business essentials, then choose your specialisation. Pursue your passion with over 20 business and language majors to choose from. Gain confidence, make contacts, and graduate work-ready with work integrated learning.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 14 Nov 21
- 24 Oct 21
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
The Bachelor of Advanced Business (Honours) is designed to deliver a thorough understanding of the complex concepts facing organisations today whilst allowing customisation toward the business skill of your choice. This new degree takes you through a unique skill set that will give you a competitive edge in the employment market. You'll be equipped with the skills necessary to plan and conduct research in business and government, and will be well-placed for positions in the private, not-for-profit, and public sectors. Delivered using the latest innovations in learning, your courses/subjects will be integrated with first-hand work experiences and organisational simulations, so you’ll apply the latest academic learning in workplace environments.
This degree is designed to allow students from all business disciplines to commence in the same foundation year and then specialise in the business application of your choice. So, whether you want to be an accountant, an advertising executive, an international business consultant or an entrepreneur; all you need to do is enrol and customise as you go. In your third and fourth year, you will choose a thesis which will further develop and demonstrate your proficiency and application in your chosen area. You can also apply to take an internship or study overseas as part of your thesis, helping you graduate with advanced skills that will ensure you stand out in the employment market.
Offered through the Griffith Business School which is ranked in the top 200 worldwide by the prestigious Academic Rankings of World Universities, this degree can also provide a pathway to a Higher Degree Research (for example, PhD) and a career in academia.
As an Honours graduate, you will be able to plan and conduct research in business and commerce and will be well-placed for positions in the private, not-for-profit and public sectors. You'll graduate with strong business networks and the authentic business knowledge to apply problem solving skills to a broad range of business environments from planning and strategy to management and specific skills like advertising, economics and accounting, depending on your customised degree.
The Griffith University's Undergraduate Programs Admission Policy will apply.
VET qualification, Diploma
English Proficiency Requirements
English language requirements apply to International applicants and other applicants whose previous study was undertaken in a language other than English. The minimum English language requirements for such applicants for entry to this program are as follows:
- A minimum overall band score of 6.5 on IELTS (Academic) with no sub-score of less than 6.0
- OR a minimum score of 575 on TOEFL
- OR an internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 79 (no sub-score less than 19)
- OR no score less than 3+ in each skill of the ISLPR (conducted by ISLPR Language Services only)
- OR a minimum overall score of 176 (no score less than 169) on C1 Advanced (formerly Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English) or C2 Proficiency (formerly Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English)
- OR an overall score of 58 in the Pearson Test of English (Academic) with no score less than 50.
English test results must be no more than two years old.
Griffith University grants credit and recognition of prior learning which may relate to prior formal learning or prior informal and non-formal learning. For more information, please visit the following website:
For the award of Bachelor of Advanced Business (Honours) [BAdvancedBus(Hons)], you must successfully complete 320 credit points, made up of the core courses AND
- 20 credits points for foundation courses; AND
For students who wish to complete a major
- 10 credit points for an Honours Listed elective, AND 60 credit points for a major AND
- 80 credit points made up of either a second listed major and free-choice electives, or 80 credit points for a minor and free-choice electives, or 80 credit points of free-choice electives.
For students who wish to complete an extended major
- 10 credit points for an Honours Listed elective, AND 80 credit points for an extended major AND
- 60 credit points for a second listed major, or 60 credit points for a minor and free-choice electives, or 60 credit points of free-choice electives.
- 10 credit points for an Honours Listed elective, AND 90 credit points for the Accounting (Extended) major, AND 50 credit points for a minor and free-choice electives, or 50 credit points of free-choice electives.
- 150 credit points for the Accounting and Financial Planning (Extended) major
10 credit points for an Honours Listed elective, AND
- 140 credit points for the Accounting and Economics (Extended) major,
10 credit points for an Honours Listed elective, AND
- 120 credit points for the Accounting and Taxation (Extended) major or Financial Planning and Taxation (Extended) major, AND
- 20 credit points of free-choice electives
For students who do not wish to complete a major
- 10 credit points for an Honours Listed elective, AND 60 credit points from the No Major Option list, and
- 80 credit points of free choice electives.
Note: Language majors are only available as a second major.
This degree with Honours may be awarded in the following classes:
- Class I HonoursClass IIA HonoursClass IIB HonoursClass III Honours
The class of Honours to be awarded to each student in this degree will be determined on the basis of the GPA achieved for the 80 credit points of nominated courses and a minimum percentage for the Dissertation as outlined in the Calculation of Honours Classification section of the Bachelor Honours Degree (AQF Level 8) Policy.
Degree structure can be found here