Bachelor of Accounting (Professional Accounting)
Unlock an exciting career based on professional accounting skills
An accounting degree with professional accreditation from CPA Australia. You’ll study accounting systems, processes, corporate finance, and more. Go beyond the numbers with business law and ethics. Graduate as a qualified accountant.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
1. Understand and apply the required technical and professional competencies of a recognised accounting professional in a range of business contexts.
2. Evaluate inputs from a variety of sources and stakeholders to ensure that the interests of others (including organisational, cultural and environmental), and the fundamental ethical values of integrity, objectivity and confidentiality are recognised.
3. Evaluate the use of digital technologies, mechanisation, computerisation, and/or automation to support current and future business processes as a future focused accounting professional.
4. Communicate specialist advice and decisions and work with to others to achieve organisational goals and provide professional expertise.
5. Exercise professional judgement using critical and reflective thinking and self-directed learning to continue developing as a self-reliant, ethical, and responsible accounting professional.
6. Leverage a well-developed professional identity by exhibiting the human capabilities and knowledge demanded of professional accountants and by modern organisations.
You will graduate as a qualified accountant able to pursue a career as a as a financial accountant, auditor, business advisor, CFO, management accountant, forensic accountant, tax advisor. These careers can be found in a wide range of organisations and industries such as public and private practise, financial institutions, and government.
The Bachelor of Accounting is accredited with CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ). Graduates that complete the four units of core courses and 12 Professional Accounting major courses will meet the educational entrance requirements of CPA and CAANZ. This provides Associate membership of CPA Australia, eligibility to study the CPA Australia professional exams, and eligibility to study the CAANZ professional exams. Students who successfully complete the 4-unit Tax Practitioner minor will meet the education requirements of the Tax Practitioners Board. Note that there are also professional work experience requirements to register as a tax agent.
ATAR/Selection Rank + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Exemptions/credit will be assessed based on the UniSQ Credit and Exemption Procedure. Claims for credit for previous study should be submitted prior to or at the time of enrolment. Each claim will be assessed on individual merit in line with UniSQ policy.
Start a career that is always in demand and become an integral part of modern businesses with UniSQ’s Bachelor of Accounting. You’ll develop your professional identity through confident communication skills, enabling you to deliver specialist advice and decisions to diverse stakeholders. You will build technical and professional knowledge and skills in financial and management accounting, auditing, information technology, taxation, business law, and ethics. Working alongside industry partners on real-world issues, students of the Bachelor of Accounting will immerse themselves in a variety of authentic case studies, as well as a capstone project in your final year.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.