What does a technical writer do?
Duties and tasks
- Transform complex information into documentation (manuals, text books, handbooks) that can be easily understood by the intended audience.
- Conduct extensive research and write technical and information-based content.
- Analyse and understand the need of the target audiences to ensure documentation aligns with their requirements.
Discover related degrees
Discover related subjects
Writing, Rhetoric and Persuasion
- Bachelor of Arts (Digital and Social Media) (Professional Writing and Publishing)
- Bachelor of Arts (Professional Writing and Publishing)
- Bachelor of Arts (Digital Experience and Interaction Design) (Professional Writing and Publishing)
- Bachelor of Arts (Professional Writing and Publishing) (Visual Culture)
- Bachelor of Arts (Fine Art) (Professional Writing and Publishing)
- Undergraduate Certificate in Professional Writing and Publishing
- Bachelor of Communications
- Bachelor of Arts (Animation and Game Design)
- Bachelor of Arts (Digital and Social Media)
- Bachelor of Arts (Chinese)
- Bachelor of Arts (Japanese)
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.