Draw up the big picture of software apps, including designs, development, and testing.
What does an applications architect do?Applications architects lead a development team to produce software applications. They oversee all major aspects of an app, including its user interface and middleware.
Tasks and duties
- Collaborate across the business to work out requirements.
- Create development plans for new and existing apps.
- Lead a team to create, test, and modify the app.
- Produce documentation.
- The Australian Computer Society
- Information Technology Professionals Association (ITPA)
- Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA)
We're here to guide you there
Our student advisors can assist you with enrolment, help you plan your studies, and answer questions about how studying through Open Universities Australia can get you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.