How to become a mechanical engineering technician
What does a mechanical engineering technician do?
Mechanical engineering technicians conduct tests, analyse data, and collect information on or about mechanical systems. This may include the installation or assembly of these systems in support of mechanical engineers or technologists.
Duties and tasks
- Assemble and install mechanical systems.
- Collect and analyse data related to mechanical engineering jobs.
- Communicate with clients, fellow workers, researchers, and supervisors to share analysed data.
- Draw, design, plan, and implement mechanical aspects of technology or other products.
- Serve as a second pair of hands for engineering technologists.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
How to write a business plan
Thinking about striking out on your own and starting your own company? Here's how to create an effective business plan.