Aircraft maintenance engineer
Aircraft Maintenance Engineers are licensed Engineers involved in carrying out repairs, maintenance and modifications on a wide variety of aircrafts.
Duties and tasks
- Conduct maintenance, modification and repairs of aircraft engines and aircraft components, including critical control system maintenance
- Conduct pre-flight examinations and assessments of aircraft engine and other associated mechanical systems
- Examine aircraft engines for malfunctions
- Maintain tools and work environment
- Observe strict OH&S guidelines, policies and procedures
- Perform material and component testing including modification and repairs to all engine systems and parts.
- Attention to Detail
- Diagnosis and Repairs
- Planning and Organisation
- Technical Aptitude
- Troubleshooting Skills
Working conditionsAircraft Maintenance Engineers will work directly on the aircraft in a factory or aircraft hangar environment.
Professional associations / Industry informationAustralian Licensed Aircraft Engineers Association The Australian Licensed Aircraft Engineers Association (ALAEA) is a federally registered Australian organisation that represents the industrial, technical and professional interests of Licenced Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (LAMEs)
Related jobs and job titles
- Engineering Tradesperson
- Maintenance Technician
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Systems Engineer
- Quality Assurance Officer