How to become an aircraft maintenance engineer
What does an aircraft maintenance engineer do?Aircraft maintenance engineers are licensed engineering professionals who carry out repairs, maintenance, and modifications on a variety of aircrafts. They make routine pre-flight safety inspections and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
Duties and tasks
- Conduct maintenance, modification and repairs of aircraft engines and components—including critical control system maintenance.
- Conduct pre-flight examinations and assessments of aircraft engines and other associated mechanical systems.
- Examine aircraft engines for malfunctions.
- Maintain tools and work environment.
- Observe OH&S guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Perform material and component testing.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
What is an occupational therapist and what do they do?
Occupational therapists play a crucial role in healthcare. But what exactly do they do, and how can you follow this rewarding career path? Let’s find out.
Dietitian vs nutritionist in Australia: What’s the difference?
Want to help people make healthier food choices? Get to know the nutrition experts who guide us on everything from macros to calories for a living.
Adriana is using her nutrition degree to make a difference
With her Bachelor of Food and Nutrition, Adriana educates others about the impact food can have on the body.