How to become an aircraft maintenance engineer
What does an aircraft maintenance engineer do?Aircraft maintenance engineers are licensed engineering professionals who carry out repairs, maintenance, and modifications on a variety of aircrafts. They make routine pre-flight safety inspections and troubleshoot problems as they arise.
Duties and tasks
- Conduct maintenance, modification and repairs of aircraft engines and components—including critical control system maintenance.
- Conduct pre-flight examinations and assessments of aircraft engines and other associated mechanical systems.
- Examine aircraft engines for malfunctions.
- Maintain tools and work environment.
- Observe OH&S guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Perform material and component testing.
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Do you need a masters to work in a library?
Librarians play an important role in keeping information accessible and helping people find what they need. But what qualifications do you actually need to become a librarian in Australia?
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.