Economics and Statistical Analysis
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Subjects may require attendance
- 22 Feb 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Understand key statistical and economic concepts and their application in business environment.
- Apply data analysis, basic statistical techniques and the economic way of thinking to explain simple economic events, decisions and actions.
- Communicate statistical and economic analyses and provide relevant recommendations for business and/or government policy decision making.
- Defining and Collecting Data
- Organising and Visualising Variables
- Numerical Descriptive Measures
- Basic Probability
- Discrete Probability Distributions
- Confidence Interval Estimation
- Fundamentals of Hypothesis Testing
- Managers and Economics
- Demand, Supply and Equilibrium Prices
- Demand Elasticities
- Measuring Macroeconomic Activity
- Open Economy and International Trade
- Exchange Rate and the Open Economy
Available as "Open Access" with the requirement of a Bachelors degree.
No special requirements
This subject provides managers with an introduction to a comprehensive range of key data analysis, statistics, microeconomic and macroeconomic topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of basic statistical techniques, economic concepts and models to real world business-oriented problems and on developing students’ ability to apply the economic way of thinking to solving problems within a firm and understanding the economic environment in which they operate. The use of mathematics and arithmetical calculations are kept to a minimum for selected topics in statistics by using the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet package.
- Online Semester Test (20%%)
- Invigilated Examination (60%)
- Group Analysis (20%)
Current study term: 21 Feb 21 to 30 May 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.