Warning! This unit contains mature content and may not be suitable for some students. Any student under the age of 16 who would like to enrol in this unit must first complete a Parental Consent Form.
Approaches to Intervention
Your upfront cost: $0
- 12 Jul 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
On completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Identify, and discuss key concepts underlying contemporary bio-psychosocial interventions for alcohol and other drug behaviours
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the provision of evidence-based interventions for clients accessing drug and alcohol services
- Apply knowledge of a range of pharmacotherapies including opioid maintenance therapy
- Key concepts
- Case management
- Stages of change intervention matching
- Psychosocial interventions
- Pharmaceutical interventions
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
No special requirements
In this unit students will further develop their knowledge and skills in the delivery of alcohol and other drug interventions. This unit will focus on current contemporary treatment approaches including psychosocial interventions and pharmacological treatments. This includes the range of alcohol and drug interventions and specialist programs such as substitution therapies.
- Individual Esssay (50%)
- Case Study (50%)
Current study term: 11 Jul 21 to 17 Oct 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.