Contexts of Addiction
Your upfront cost: $0
- 20 Feb 2023
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
Learn more about UTAS.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Discuss policy and strategy which direct addiction service provision.
- Reflect on epidemiological theories in relation to addiction.
- Identify effects of psychoactive drugs illicit and licit on the central nervous system (cns).
- Discuss with an understanding of the principles underlying substance use and withdrawal.
- Refer to Mylo for study topics
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This subject examines the complex needs of the person requiring Addiction Services. You will explore epidemiological theories of substance abuse and identify principles of dependence within a range of maladaptive behaviours. In addition, you will extend their knowledge and understanding of treatment approaches, withdrawal management and toxicology.
- Online Discussion and Summary Paper (50%)
- Essay (50%)
Current study term: 19 Feb 23 to 28 May 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.