Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics in Endocrinology, Rheumatology and Oncology Care
Your upfront cost: $0
- 20 Feb 2023
- 10 Jul 2023
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
Learn more about UTAS.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Identify and evaluate problems associated with endocrine, rheumatoid and oncological medications using an evidence-based approach.
- Critically evaluate endocrine, rheumatoid and oncological medication therapy using an evidence-based approach and accepted best clinical practice to devise and justify appropriate courses of action for therapeutic management.
- Employ evidence-based and contemporary clinical skills to conduct a clinical audit and demonstrate how this may influence pharmacy practice in the management of endocrine, rheumatoid or oncological diseases.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral presentation skills to explain contemporary issues associated with endocrine, rheumatoid and oncological medication therapy.
- Refer to Mylo for study topics
You must either have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject, or enrol in the following subject(s) to study at the same time or prior to this subject:
No additional requirements
CSA725 is a self-directed, fully online subject, that explores a variety of disease states and their management, using a series of patient cases linked to assignment-based questions, to enable the student to enhance their knowledge in the area of clinical pharmacy and pharmaceutical care.
This subject covers the medication management and clinical pharmacy issues in endocrinology, rheumatology and oncology supportive care.
- Quiz (5%)
- Practice-based Summary (15%)
- Short Case with Specific Questions (25%)
- Answering Clinical Questions related to a Detailed Clinical Case (35%)
- Poster Presentation (20%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).