Evidence Based Practice and Research
Your upfront cost: $0
- 25 Jul 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On completion of this course students should be able to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Discuss how an evidence based framework is integral to the practice of nursing.
- Discuss ethical issues in relation to research conducted in association with health and health care.
- Demonstrate an understanding of techniques for finding, interpreting, evaluating and synthesising research evidence related to a practice issue.
- Create an implementation plan for translating research evidence into practice
- Overview of Evidence-based Practice and Research
- Ethical Issues associated with engaging in Evidence Based Practice and Research
- Finding, selecting, and storing evidence
- Appraising evidence
- Data synthesis, extraction, integration and reporting and quality of studies
- Implementing Evidence into Practice
In order to enrol in this subject, you must be accepted into one of the following degrees:
No additional requirements
This Course develops students’ understanding on how an evidence-based framework and the contextualised application of research findings is integral to the practice of nursing. The course explores concepts associated with the process of inquiry (ask, acquire, appraise and apply) and the quality and appropriateness of research findings for translation into nursing knowledge and practice. The course introduces foundational research and evidence based practice methods including developing a clinical question, literature searching, identifying study designs, critical appraisal of the evidence and the identification and application of frameworks that aim to support the translation of evidence into nursing knowledge and practice. Students will gain an appreciation for the application of research evidence in the context of patient and family values and the organisational, ethical and policy environments.
Written - Report - 2000 Word Process of Inquiry Report - 35% Written - Literature Review - 2000 Word Literature Review - 35% Written - Paper - 1750 Word Implementation Plan - 30%
- 2000 word process of inquiry report (35%%)
- 2000 word literature review (35%%)
- 1750 word implementation plan (30%%)
Current study term: 24 Jul 22 to 28 Oct 22
Textbooks are not required.